Nvidia.ko source? L4T 34.1.1

Hey @WayneWWW

I have a similar issue to this:

I have compiled the kernel using the public sources.
The developer guide Kernel Customization — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation afterwards suggests to copy the kernel supplements like this:

cd <modules_install_path>
tar --owner root --group root -cjf kernel_supplements.tbz2 lib/modules

What should that modules install path be?

I have for now installed the modules from my kernel_out directory with modules_install from the Makefile from the kernel directory into the modules folder of my rootfs.

I am also missing the “extra” folder in the modules from my compiled kernel sources. Do I need to copy the extra folder AFTER calling apply_binaries.sh or is there any other source to compile/download them?
It seems like the guide wants me to replace the Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/kernel_supplements.tbz2 with the ones I got like this. I can’t figure how this could anyhow contain the extra folder if I did not run the apply_binaries.sh before?

Module install path should be your rootfs/lib/modules/${uname -r}

Okay then how is that supposed to contain any data before the apply_binaries.sh is called? It contains just a base ubuntu image for me. I won’t get the rootfs/usr/lib/modules/5.10.65-tegra/extra folder like this?

I am just not sure if the order is correct here? The extra folder seems to be created from the Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/kernel_supplements.tbz2 which I am supposed to overwrite before they have been written ro the rootfs by apply_binaries.sh?

It seems like the supposed way to build a custom kernel and modules is:

• apply_binaries.sh
  • compile kernel
  • copy Image, nvgpu.ko
  • copy modules from the kernel_out on top of the existing modules folder, while not removing the existing extra folder
  • create the kernel_supplements.tbz2 from the modules in the rootfs

But what am I creating the kernel supplements for if I have copied all required data to the rootfs already?

Please copy the extra one from the default BSP rootfs to your rootfs. Sorry that rel-34.1 source cannot build that out.

Next release shall fix this.

Okay thanks, will use the one from the default kernel_supplements.tbz2 then.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.