Here is my PC build.
OS: Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti x 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor
I was able to successfully install WSL2 and Ubuntu 20.04. I also installed Windows Terminal to run the commands.
I tried installing CUDA and it seems that did not actually work.
- I downloaded the WSL drivers from: CUDA on WSL | NVIDIA Developer
I downloaded and ran the exe: 470.76_gameready_win10-dch_64bit_international.exe
- I then following this user guide: CUDA on WSL :: CUDA Toolkit Documentation
- sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64/7fa2af80.pub
- sudo sh -c ‘echo “deb http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64 /” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cuda.list’
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install -y cuda-toolkit-11-2
- Step 2 seemed to have run successfully but when I try running nvidia-smi I get:
This makes me think the CUDA installation did not actually work.