I am following the steps as described in CUDA on WSL User Guide.
Here are my current setup:
- Machine: Dell Inspiron 7590
- CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz
- GPU 0: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
- GPU 1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- >ver: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.21390.1] (Home: Windows Insider Preview > Dev Channel)
- >wsl -l -v: Ubuntu-20.04 Running 2
- >wsl cat /proc/version: Linux version 5.4.72-microsoft-standard-WSL2 (oe-user@oe-host) (gcc version 8.2.0 (GCC)) #1 SMP Wed Oct 28 23:40:43 UTC 2020
- Driver: 470.14_gameready_win10-dch_64bit_international.exe
However when I try to run CUDA Application by executing the following commands on wsl …
execution of the last line produces the following error:
CUDA error at …/…/common/inc/helper_cuda.h:779 code=35(cudaErrorInsufficientDriver) "cudaGetDeviceCount(&device_count)
Furthermore, executing the following …
produces these errors:
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.
Failed to properly shut down NVML: Driver Not Loaded
How should I proceed from here to debug what is going on. Should I execute …
dpkg -l | grep nvidia
I did read the following but unfortunately to no avail.