Object tracking using opencv-contrib-python

Hi, I am a beginner with the Jetson Nano Jetpack 4.4 with OpenCV version 4.1.1 and I want to install opencv-contrib-python using pip3. However, I noticed that opencv-contrib-python does not provide pip wheels for ARM architecture which meant that I couldn’t directly use pip3 install to install that library. My pip version is 20.2.3 which is above the requirements stated in PyPi.

Is there an easy work around for this?

Thank you!

Hi HighPassFilter,

We don’t have experience on opencv-contrib-python, not sure how to do, may other developer help to provide suggestions.

Thanks

hi HighPassFilter:
maybe you can try follow this guide opencv4.4 part ,try to compile opencv contrib python interface

@Jeffli

Thank you for your recommendation. I’ll check it out and let you know if it works!

@Jeffli

Looking at the article you’ve sent me, it required me to download opencv and opencv contrib python to build and make all over again. Does this mean I need to uninstall the current opencv version?

I think just set correct path of new opencv version first, if some conflicts of old version then uninstall it

1 Like

I’ve now written also a guide on installing OpenCV 4.5 on a Jetson Nano Jetpack 4.4. You find it on my website here.

1 Like

hi qengineering:
good news!