Occur two same content in /proc/cmdline

Issue:
1: Open terminal
2: cat /proc/cmdline look like below
tegraid=21.1.2.0.0 ddr_die=4096M@2048M section=512M memtype=0 vpr_resize usb_port_owner_info=0 lane_owner_info=0 emc_max_dvfs=0 touch_id=0@63 video=tegrafb no_console_suspend=1 console=ttyS0,115200n8 debug_uartport=lsport,2 earlyprintk=uart8250-32bit,0x70006000 maxcpus=4 usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 lp0_vec=0x1000@0xff780000 core_edp_mv=1075 core_edp_ma=4000 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 sdhci_tegra.en_boot_part_access=1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 sdhci_tegra.en_boot_part_access=1 quiet

The cmdline “root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 sdhci_tegra.en_boot_part_access=1” occurs twice.

Cause:
1: bsp/flash.sh adds cmdline to dtb and boot image header
2: cboot.bin merges the dtb and boot image cmdline

Fix:
1: change the bsp/flash.sh to remove boot image cmdline, look like this:
./mkbootimg ${MKBOOTARG} --cmdline “” > /dev/null 2>&1;

Would you please confirm whether the modification is ok?

thanks.

This does not matter.

Only the last one in the kernel would take effect.

Thanks for your reply!

Would you please tell me the cause and how to delete the last one?

thanks again.

If the kernel command line just occurrs twice but does not harm your system, then just leave it there.

If you want to change something, then just add one more parameter to it, or directly go to flash.sh and board conf to remove it.

For example, if there are 3 “root=” inside kernel cmdline,

root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 root= /dev/mmcblk0p3, then only the /dev/mmcblk0p3 will take effect. The other two do not matter.

Thanks again!

I want to delete the last one and can delete it through changing the bsp/flash.sh line 1522 to
“./mkbootimg ${MKBOOTARG} --cmdline “” > /dev/null 2>&1”, but I don’t know whether the modification is ok, wish you give me the confirmation or other modification.

thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.