opencl.dll missing!

i have recently bought a new laptop wit Nvidia GeForce GT 330M CUDA 1GB gpu.

After visiting the nvidia wbsite i came to know about parallel computing and stuff so i though to give it a try. I then downloaded the Note drivers, CUDA Toolkit and CUDA SDK. Running a sample program fro the SDK Browser gave me an error saying “OpenCL.dll missing” and i should try and reinstall the program and i did that but again got the same error! :(

is it that my GPU won’t support CUDA programming or i am missing something?!?!?!?!?!

Judging from that screen, it looks like you are running XP. Have not run that since 2007, so not too familiar. What is important is your version of the Display driver. OpenCL.DLL is distributed wt driver in C:\windows\system32, since 195.xxx version.

• Check for the DLL.
  • Go into Display properties, NVidia Control Panel. The System Information dialog box, from the Help>System Information Menu, should list the driver version. Cannot personally recommend anything after 197.xxx. The 256-258.xxx versions introduce progressively more bugs. Unless you need OpenCL 1.1, stick with the last stable version.

Judging from that screen, it looks like you are running XP. Have not run that since 2007, so not too familiar. What is important is your version of the Display driver. OpenCL.DLL is distributed wt driver in C:\windows\system32, since 195.xxx version.

• Check for the DLL.
  • Go into Display properties, NVidia Control Panel. The System Information dialog box, from the Help>System Information Menu, should list the driver version. Cannot personally recommend anything after 197.xxx. The 256-258.xxx versions introduce progressively more bugs. Unless you need OpenCL 1.1, stick with the last stable version.

i am currently using windows7.

c:\windows\system32 is not having the opencl.dll but it has opengl32.dll!!!

driver version is 189.86!!!

from where can i download 197.xxx, as far as i remember i have downloaded the drivers from the cuda-sdk page…

i am currently using windows7.

c:\windows\system32 is not having the opencl.dll but it has opengl32.dll!!!

driver version is 189.86!!!

from where can i download 197.xxx, as far as i remember i have downloaded the drivers from the cuda-sdk page…

Yes, 189.86 is too old. I do not know why that is even there any more.

Here is a search form. You should be able to find a suitable 197.41 for your card.
[url=“Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA”]Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

There must be some sort of retro taskbar setting in Win7, but I cannot find it. I am not saying your Win7 is not genuine, but my taskbar in win7-64 looks like this.

Yes, 189.86 is too old. I do not know why that is even there any more.

Here is a search form. You should be able to find a suitable 197.41 for your card.
[url=“Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA”]Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

There must be some sort of retro taskbar setting in Win7, but I cannot find it. I am not saying your Win7 is not genuine, but my taskbar in win7-64 looks like this.

It’s called “disable Aero and transparency” :rolleyes:

It’s called “disable Aero and transparency” :rolleyes:

Not exactly… i have set my computer to “Best Performance Mode” from the “advanced System settings”. (Hint: press Win+PauseBreak)

i Have dl’d the latest drivers but when i install by double click on the exe, it take only the HD Audio drivers!!!

Not exactly… i have set my computer to “Best Performance Mode” from the “advanced System settings”. (Hint: press Win+PauseBreak)

i Have dl’d the latest drivers but when i install by double click on the exe, it take only the HD Audio drivers!!!

i have uninstalled my current Nvidia drivers 189.xxx and have come down to a crappy resoulution but still i am unable to update my driver!!! when execute the 140mb exe file it just allows me to install the HD audio drivers Grrrrrr…
Pls help guys its urgent!

Got it… the problem is that i cannot install the drivers from anywhere other than the Acer site, the OEM thingy!!!i also know that there is a way to break this. I have even tried a couple of them but didn’t work, if any one of you have succeded in doing so, pls share here. Thanks

i have uninstalled my current Nvidia drivers 189.xxx and have come down to a crappy resoulution but still i am unable to update my driver!!! when execute the 140mb exe file it just allows me to install the HD audio drivers Grrrrrr…
Pls help guys its urgent!

Got it… the problem is that i cannot install the drivers from anywhere other than the Acer site, the OEM thingy!!!i also know that there is a way to break this. I have even tried a couple of them but didn’t work, if any one of you have succeded in doing so, pls share here. Thanks

I have met exactly same problem.

I have a Dell laptop (Vostro 3700) with Nvidia GeForce GT 330M. OS is win7. When I run the OpenCL sample code in GPU Computing SDK, I got a “Missing OpenCL.dll” error also.

After investigating, I noticed that the video card driver which download from Dell website doesn’t install OpenCL.dll to windows/system32 folder. And I can’t install the newest driver (258.96) which download from Nvidia website (got same response as Post #6).

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

I have met exactly same problem.

I have a Dell laptop (Vostro 3700) with Nvidia GeForce GT 330M. OS is win7. When I run the OpenCL sample code in GPU Computing SDK, I got a “Missing OpenCL.dll” error also.

After investigating, I noticed that the video card driver which download from Dell website doesn’t install OpenCL.dll to windows/system32 folder. And I can’t install the newest driver (258.96) which download from Nvidia website (got same response as Post #6).

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

I guess the problem is with hybrid power.

I also have a Dell Vostro 3700 with the same problem! The Dell drivers dont support opencl.
The NVIDIA reference driver for the gt 330m does not support hybrid vision, you can read that in the download details. Is there any other driver which works?
Or is there a workaround to use the original dell driver? Maybe to manually copy the opencl libraries from the reference driver to the dell driver?

Thanks a lot

I guess the problem is with hybrid power.

I also have a Dell Vostro 3700 with the same problem! The Dell drivers dont support opencl.
The NVIDIA reference driver for the gt 330m does not support hybrid vision, you can read that in the download details. Is there any other driver which works?
Or is there a workaround to use the original dell driver? Maybe to manually copy the opencl libraries from the reference driver to the dell driver?

Thanks a lot

I got the same issue :-(.
The video drivers delivered by Dell are too old (Version 189.99)! Contacting Dell support may help.

I got the same issue :-(.
The video drivers delivered by Dell are too old (Version 189.99)! Contacting Dell support may help.