OpenGL on Xwindow served remotely

Hi why do i get a “segmentation fault” when i start an app through ssh -X, while that same app functions perfect on the originating desktop.
xwindow can serve it’s window,keyboard and mouse through a remote link LAN/WAN. I have a openGL/X11 app which functions perfect on a local machine, but gets a “segmentation fault” when its window gets send to a remote desktop.
I use 2 Jetson Nano Jetpack [uname=Linux 4.9.253-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 20 14:25:12 PDT 2022 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux AND Linux 4.9.253-tegra #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 20 14:25:12 PDT 2022 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux]
only gcc and openGL, X11 libraries.
The suggestion i found on the net to use GLEW does not convince me that it would solve this issue.

Running an OpenGL application locally has direct access to the X server and the graphics driver.

Running an OpenGL application on a remote machine’s CPU via ssh -X and throwing the rendering over the X connection back to your local machine’s display over-the-network causes rendering and GL commands to take a totally different, indirect path.

Not all GL commands are “wrapped” such that they can be used with this remote-render path (read up on GLX protocol). Also, these two different paths exhibit very different performance, even if all the commands the application is using are supported through both paths.

An easy alternative that doesn’t involve throwing “GLX protocol” across the network for rendering is to (at least on Windows) use a RDP or VNC type app that throws compressed rendered frame images across the network. That should generally work, independent of how the app is rendering, because there’s no need to tunnel OpenGL and X rendering commands across the network through a TCP/IP connection.

thnx

thanks for the reply " Running an OpenGL application on a remote machine’s CPU via ssh -X and throwing the rendering over the X connection back to your local machine’s display over-the-network causes rendering and GL commands to take a totally different, indirect path."