Orin NX custom carrier board USB issues

Hello,
I have been working for some time to get USB functioning (had previous posts about HW issues), but am now running into what I believe is device tree issues. I am on a custom carrier board and am trying to use a USB-C connector. For now, running the jetson in “host” mode is acceptable, with “OTG” mode a later effort. I am able to access USB devices using our USB-C port, but it appears that everything is only running in USB 2.0 mode. On boot, I get dmesg printing out “tegra-xudc 3550000.xudc: failed to get usbphy-0: -517”. I have attempted to follow the advice here: Serial Bus Porting

I am running Jetpack 5.1.2 with Linux 35.4.1. Once the board boots, I am dropping the compiled .dtb file in /boot/dtb to test configurations. Below is my .dtsi file, dmesg.log, and schematics. Any assistance is much appreciated.

dmesg.txt (72.1 KB)

tegra234-p3768-0000-a0.dtsi.txt (6.2 KB)

Is there any usb type C controller added by you on your board?

If there is, then you need to ask the vendor how to add a device tree as what Orin Nano devkit did and give the remote-endpoint node to the usb device/host driver.

For example, Orin Nano devkit is using fusb301 as type C controller, and we have corresponding node in official DT, but looks like this is not there on your side.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.