Orin NX Unable to Report Voltage and Current In custom Carrier board

Hi I found this topic with the same issue that I have, but I still don’t understand the solution.

Original Post

I check the DTB in the Orin NX (tegra234-p3767-0000-p3768-0000-a0.dtb) and I compared with a reference image from the Orin Nano Dev kit and I don’t see any difference, so I don’t understand what I need to modify to access the make ina3221 to work. Any suggestion why?. The system is flash with 35.4.

Hi ivanrodriguezferrandez,

Have you confirmed that you have ina3221 on your custom carrier board?

Please share the full dmesg for further check.

and also the result of the following command on your board.

$ ls -l /sys/class/hwmon/

Hi, As I undestood the ina3221 are the ones on the SoM not the carrier board.
Regarding the command this is the result.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 15 15:04 hwmon0 -> ../../devices/platform/39c0000.tachometer/hwmon/hwmon0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 15 15:04 hwmon1 -> ../../devices/platform/soctherm-oc-event/hwmon/hwmon1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 15 15:04 hwmon2 -> ../../devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon2

It seems there’s no hwmon for the ina3221 in your result.

Could you share the full dmesg for further check?

Hi I added the full dmesg. But I have similar issue with the reference post.

[   13.710340] ina3221 1-0040: Unable to reset device
[   13.749414] ina3221: probe of 1-0040 failed with error -121

dmesg.txt (63.7 KB)

It seems ina3221 is probed failed.
Is this issue specific to the custom carrier board?
Or you could put the Orin NX module on the Orin Nano devkit(p3767) board?

Correct, this same SoM in the devkit carrier board works. This is a custom carrier board that we build and we use the custom Pimux excel to generate the DTSI and we use that to flash the device with Jetson Linux 34.4. So I think the only main difference in in there.

If it could work on the devkit, i would suggest you checking if there’s any different custom design in I2C might cause it failed.

It is an old release, is there any typo?
If not, R34.x is not supporting Orin NX.
Could you verify with the latest R35.5.0?

Correct the version is a typo is etson Linux 35.4.1. I will try direclty with Linux 35.5.0.
Regarding the I2C, in theory is connected in similar way to the dev kit (similar path and ICs).
My situation is exactly as this post. That I put at the start. But in that post the solution is not clear.
I will try with Linux 35.5.0. and I will report.

You should confirm the pinmux for I2C is correct and also the configurations in device tree are correct.

If you have the exact same design as the devkit, then it should work by default.
You can also check from HW side.

@ivanrodriguezferrandez I have figured out that setting any different value to pins shown in the photo below causes voltage/current monitoring to break.

Setting these pins back to default value brought back voltage and current monitoring on my Orin NX modules with L4T 35.4.1.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.