Orin RTC not working

I am working with Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit 32GB model and having problems with the RTC backup capabilities. I have downloaded JetPack 5.0.2 since in another forum post it was mentioned that 5.0.2 was required to use this capability. I have connected a CR2032 3V battery to the RTC backup battery connector (J13). After connection I have checked the voltage of the battery from the Pins and was able to read around 3V. However, when I reboot the Orin and check the time with timedatectl the RTC time resets back to 1970-01-01.

No matter what I have tried I was unable to use the RTC. At each different try after the reboot the clock resets back to 1970-01-01 and seems to be unable to keeping time.

Also, don’t know whether related or not, after flashing and installing JetPack 5.0.2 the hwclock command stopped working. When I try and check the time with sudo hwclock --show or sudo hwclock --verbose I get the same hwclock: select() to /dev/rtc0 to wait for tick timed out error. So maybe the device cannot access the hwclock.

please check this post.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.