PhysX simulation skipping steps

Hello,
thank you all for the helpful replies! If I’m not mistaken you both meant the same setting (see image below).

@AlesBorovicka, thanks for the code snippet, that helped to understand the internal process.

With a lower “Min Simulation Frame Rate”, the stepping now works as expected!

But when I capture the animation as a video (using the movie capture extension), depending on the number of time steps per second, some object movements don’t seem to be updated in the renderer (as shown in the videos below):

The first video was captured with 50 time steps per second. This is how the animation should look like:

The second video was recorded with 160 time steps per second, the movements of the large gear seem to be frozen for a few frames. After looking at the recorded object movements (I read out the object positions in each simulation step), I can confirm that the movements are correctly updated in the physics simulation, the big gear still seems to be frozen in the video:
Uploading: test_160.mp4…

For clarification:
The bolt is animated and the large gear is connected to the bolt via a d6 joint. Each axis of rotation and translation of the joint has a drive with a certain stiffness. I implemented this as a workaround to determine the forces on the large gear (position difference between bolt and gear * stiffness = force). I originally intended to use the collision callback for this, but there seems to be a bug when using sdf collisions (as mentioned here: Accurate collisions for complex meshes - Apps / Create - NVIDIA Developer Forums).

Interestingly, in the video, the bolt appears to move correctly, while the large gear, which is connected to the bolt via a d6 joint, does not move in some cases.

Is this a known problem?