problems compiling for first time

Hi

I have windows xp SP3. I am trying to compile the examples in the cuda SDK using mv 2005.

I have added all libraries and stuff; however, when I compile any of them it runs and immediately quits and shows this in the output screen

‘template.exe’: Loaded ‘D:\Documents and Settings\joaquin\Desktop\UBC\EECE496\bin\win32\Debug\template.exe’, Symbols loaded.
‘template.exe’: Loaded ‘D:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll’, No symbols loaded.
‘template.exe’: Loaded ‘D:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll’, No symbols loaded.
‘template.exe’: Loaded ‘D:\CUDA\bin\cudart.dll’, Binary was not built with debug information.
‘template.exe’: Loaded ‘D:\WINDOWS\system32\cutil32D.dll’, No symbols loaded.
The program ‘[3336] template.exe: Native’ has exited with code 1 (0x1).

In some other examples I get this at compile time

1>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib\winmm.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library format; library ignored
1>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib\opengl32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library format; library ignored
1>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib\glu32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library format; library ignored
1>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib\winmm.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library format; library ignored
1>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib\opengl32.lib : warning LNK4003: invalid library format; library ignored

Please tell me how can I solve these 2 errors so that I can compile all the examples.
(specially the first error)

By the way, I used
system(“pause”);
to try to pause and see what happens but it does not work. It quits anyway.

Please refer me to links or websites if i need other libraries

Thanks

nevermind I got it working now.

Hi there! I have a similar problem with you. How did you solve it? Thanks

you should referent in this thread

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=64478

please check the link again

good luck :D

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I have checked the link but found that this is more useful for building custom programs. However, the problem I am facing here is far more trivial. I can compile the sample codes in “C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin.…” but fails to do anything when executed. To investigate this problem a little further, I open the solutions of the projects and compiled without any errors. While executing in debug mode, I found that Visual Studio displays multiple outputs stating “No Symbols Loaded” and nothing is performed. A little bit more information in the problem i am facing can be found in http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=65488 . Anybody who has encountered a similar problem and manage to solve it, please notify me! Thanks

I thought that the samples that come with the SDK should run fine without much effort. Now I am confused whether it’s a problem with the installation of the driver, toolkit and SDK or purely a programming problem. As for the installation part, I assume that it is fine since that Forceware 169.21 can be installed without any errors with the Modded Inf file provided in the forum which is then followed by installing the toolkit and SDK. Can anyone who have successfully run the SDK samples (specifically boxfilter, sobelfilter or matrix multiplication) tell me how they make it working? Thanks alot

well i only installed the driver, toolkit and sdk, run the sample project solutions and they run without any changes …