problems with some cuda tk 3.0 sdk (VolumeRender and others) starting with cuda

hi all,

I am a new one with cuda. i have just downloaded every thing, installed and compiled…

every thing was good. i tried two examples (device query and bandwidthtest) with succes.

CUDA Device Query (Runtime API) version (CUDART static linking)

There is 1 device supporting CUDA

Device 0: “Quadro FX 2700M”

CUDA Driver Version: 3.0

CUDA Runtime Version: 3.0

CUDA Capability Major revision number: 1

CUDA Capability Minor revision number: 1

Total amount of global memory: 536870912 bytes

Number of multiprocessors: 6

Number of cores: 48

Total amount of constant memory: 65536 bytes

Total amount of shared memory per block: 16384 bytes

Total number of registers available per block: 8192

Warp size: 32

Maximum number of threads per block: 512

Maximum sizes of each dimension of a block: 512 x 512 x 64

Maximum sizes of each dimension of a grid: 65535 x 65535 x 1

Maximum memory pitch: 262144 bytes

Texture alignment: 256 bytes

Clock rate: 1.32 GHz

Concurrent copy and execution: Yes

Run time limit on kernels: No

Integrated: No

Support host page-locked memory mapping: No

Compute mode: Default (multiple host threads can use this device simultaneously)

deviceQuery, CUDA Driver = CUDART, CUDA Driver Version = 3.0, CUDA Runtime Version = 3.0, NumDevs = 1, Device = Quadro FX 2700M

but when i tried the volumeRender exemple it gave me an error at cudaMalloc3DArray. I tried other memory fonction cudaMalloc… but nothing to do.

this exemple do not pass memory allocation functions even with cudaMalloc function wich works in the other exemple (bandwidthtest).

I compared the compilation data and is the same.

i tried the particles exemple and it does not pass the function cudaGraphicsGLRegisterBuffer.

other program simpleCUBLAS fails in the cublasInit() function (and there is no gl in it).

this is the compil string

[codebox]echo “C:\CUDA\bin\nvcc.exe” -ccbin “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin” -I"C:\CUDA\include" -I"./" -I"…/…/common/inc" -I"…/…/…/shared/inc" -Xcompiler "/EHsc /W3 /nologo /O2 /Zi /MT " -maxrregcount=32 -gencode=arch=compute_10,code="sm_10,compute_10" --compile -o “Debug\volumeRender_vc90.cu.obj” “c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\nvidia corporation\nvidia gpu computing sdk\c\src\volumerender\volumeRender_vc90.vcproj”

“C:\CUDA\bin\nvcc.exe” -gencode=arch=compute_10,code="sm_10,compute_10" -ccbin “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin” -I"C:\CUDA\include" -I"./" -I"…/…/common/inc" -I"…/…/…/shared/inc" -Xcompiler "/EHsc /W3 /nologo /O2 /Zi /MT " -maxrregcount=32 -gencode=arch=compute_10,code="sm_10,compute_10" --compile -o “Debug\volumeRender_vc90.cu.obj” “c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\nvidia corporation\nvidia gpu computing sdk\c\src\volumerender\volumeRender_vc90.vcproj”[/codebox]

i am using :

windows 7

Nvidia quadro FX 2700M (1.1 capacity)

driver version :195.62 and cuda 3.0.1 driver

think you for help

Hi all, any ideas ? something to check ? please help