Processing only part of the frames

Hello,
Due to performance consideration, I would like to process only some of the frames and to skip the others. For example, the source is 30FPS but the inference should be done only on two frames per second. Is there a way to configure this? or Where is the code entry that should be modified?

Hi,
You may configure interval in [primary-gie].

# config-file property is mandatory for any gie section.
# Other properties are optional and if set will override the properties set in
# the infer config file.
[primary-gie]
enable=1
gpu-id=0
model-engine-file=../../models/Primary_Detector_Nano/resnet10.caffemodel_b8_fp16.engine
batch-size=8
#Required by the app for OSD, not a plugin property
bbox-border-color0=1;0;0;1
bbox-border-color1=0;1;1;1
bbox-border-color2=0;0;1;1
bbox-border-color3=0;1;0;1
<b>interval=4</b>
gie-unique-id=1
nvbuf-memory-type=0
config-file=config_infer_primary_nano.txt

Above setting is from source8_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_tiled_display_fp16_nano.txt. FYR.

Thanks!!!

Another way is to drop frames in nvv4l2decoder: https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/plugin-manual/index.html#page/DeepStream_Plugin_Manual%2Fdeepstream_plugin_details.02.12.html -> drop-frame-interval

Thank you! I will check this option as well

hello,

I have modified the “interval” property in the configuration of “deepstream-app” for the primary_infer, and also changed the pipeline like this (…nvstreammux->primary_infer->secondary_infer0->secondary_infer1->fakesink), but the pobe in the sinkpad of fakesink cannot find the tensor meta of the primary_infer. By the way, I turned on the output-tensor-meta for all the nvinfer plugins which are processing on full-frame (process-mode=1).
any suggestions? why I lost the primary_infer tensor meta?
you can check the attachment for the pipeline below