Profiling Applications on Jetson AGX Xavier

Hello,
I’m trying to profile various applications on the Jetson Xavier and having trouble figuring out what is and is not supported. We have Nsight Systems running on an Ubuntu 16.04 Host and are trying to connect to our Jetson AGX Xavier target (which has JetPack 4.1.1), but are getting this Communication error:

NotFoundError (127) {
OriginalExceptionClass: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_inpllN11QuadDCommon17NotFoundExceptionEEE
OriginalFile: /build/agent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/Quad/Host/Analysis/BaseDevice.cpp
OriginalLine: 589
OriginalFunction: boost::filesystem::path QuadDAnalysis::BaseDevice::GetSpecialFilepath(const boost::filesystem::path&)
Filename:
ErrorText: Installing special file failed.
}

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

A similar issue of this topic:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1044645/nvprof-and-gprof-combined-data-is-picture-of-performance-/[/url]

We are checking this with our internal profiling team.
Will update information with you later.

Thanks.

Hi,

We have tested r31.1 on an Ubuntu 16.04 host. Profiling works without issue.
Could you try it again?

Our profiler viersion is 2018.1.3.14-dad90c3 Linux.

Thanks.

Interesting…

I’m using 2018.1.3 (2018.1.3.3-2fc161a Linux.)

I now get the error that ‘OS image is not compatible with NVIDIA Nsight Systems’ when I try to connect to my Jetson Xavier to profile a CUDA Sample. The specific error is:

KernelModuleServiceError (1406) {
OriginalExceptionClass: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_implIN13QuadDAnalysis24KernelModuleServiceErrorEEE
OriginalFile: /home/devtools/teamCityBuildAgent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/QuadD/Host/Analysis/BaseDevice.cpp
OriginalLine: 678
OriginalFunction: void QuadDAnalysis::BaseDevice::InitializeKernelModule()
ServiceError (1400) {
OriginalExceptionClass: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_implIN13QuadDAnalysis12ServiceErrorEEE
TargetSideError (1100) {
ErrorText: E:/BuildAgent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/QuadD/Target/quadd_d/quadd_d/jni/KernelModuleServiceImpl.cpp(218): Throw in function void QuadDDaemon::KernelModuleServiceImpl::InitializeInternal()
Dynamic exception type: boost::exception_detail::clone_implQuadDDaemon::KmsModuleInitError
std::exception::what: KmsModuleInitError
[boost::errinfo_nested_exception_] =
Throw in function (unknown)
Dynamic exception type: boost::exception_detail::clone_implQuadDDaemon::QMDaemonTooOld
std::exception::what: QMDaemonTooOld
[QuadDDaemon::tag_error_code
] = 39
[QuadDDaemon::tag_throw_file*] = E:/BuildAgent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/QuadD/Target/quadd_d/quadd_d/jni/qm.c
[QuadDDaemon::tag_throw_func*] = verify_module_version
[QuadDDaemon::tag_daemon_io_version*] = 25
[QuadDDaemon::tag_module_io_version*] = 25
[QuadDDaemon::tag_daemon_samples_version*] = 43
[QuadDDaemon::tag_module_samples_version*] = 44
ServiceName: Service
MethodName: Initialize
KmsModuleInitError (2004) {
OriginalFile: E:/BuildAgent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/QuadD/Target/quadd_d/quadd_d/jni/KernelModuleServiceImpl.cpp
OriginalLine: 218
OriginalFunction: void QuadDDaemon::KernelModuleServiceImpl::InitializeInternal()
OriginalExceptionClass: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_implIN11QuadDDaemon18KmsModuleInitErrorEEE
QmDaemonTooOld (1820) {
OriginalFile: E:/BuildAgent/work/20a3cfcd1c25021d/QuadD/Target/quadd_d/quadd_d/jni/qm.c
OriginalLine: 372
OriginalFunction: verify_module_version
OriginalExceptionClass: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_implIN11QuadDDaemon14QMDaemonTooOldEEE
OriginalErrorCode: 39
ModuleSamplesVersion: 44
ModuleIoVersion: 25
DaemonSamplesVersion: 43
DaemonIoVersion: 25
}
}
}
}
}

I’m pretty sure I installed this with the newest Jetpack (4.1.1) - is there a way to update just the profiler? Where can I go to update from 2018.1.3.3 to 2018.1.3.14? It didn’t seem to install with the new jetpack.

Thanks for your help!

Hi benjamin.cohen,

Have you checked this tutorial for more information:
[url]https://devblogs.nvidia.com/cuda-jetson-nvidia-nsight-eclipse-edition/[/url]

Thanks

Yes I’ve read through that - It’s not clear that it applies to Jetson Xavier as well; does it?

My goal is to profile a sample application that installs with CUDA 10 on my Jetson Xavier to begin to build out our profiling capability, so I’m using NVIDIA Nsight Systems (NVIDIA Nsight Systems | NVIDIA Developer). Is this the at least the right application to use?

Thanks for your help

Resolved - I just needed to redownload jetpack 4.1.1 and my Nsight Systems was updated -_-. Thanks for the help!