Questions about transmiting data from computer to Jetson TX1 using USB 3.0

Dear developers,

I am using a PCIe x 4 USB 3.0 Card(http://www.integrate-computer.de/Exsys-EX-11494/en) with additional power supply.
lspci shows the USB controller(Renesas Technology Corp. uPD720202 USB 3.0 Host Controller rev 02) ;
lsusb shows the Bus Device (Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub);

I have the two following questions:

1. External USB device is recognized when it is plugged into the USB 3.0 port on Jetson TX1 board; but, external USB device is NOT recognized when it is plugged into the USB 3.0 port on the PCIe x 4 USB 3.0 card. Why? If it is because the card not working, could you please recommend a card that works ?

2. I didn’t find USB 3.0 bridge cable online that supports Linux. Could you please recommend a USB 3.0 bridge cable that supports Linux?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sincerely

Luyuan

Does “lsusb -t” show devices plugged into that USB card? I’m curious if it is the end device driver not finding the device, or if the USB card is not presenting the device for enumeration.

@linuxdev, NO, “lsusb -t” has the same output no matter devices plugged into that USB card or not.

Is there any output in dmesg from plugging in and unplugging any USB device?

If you run “lspci”, an ID will be on the left for the slot, something similar to “01:00.0”. To view just that PCI device, verbosely, you can do this (substitute your ID):

sudo lspci -vvv -s 01:00.0

Hopefully that verbose lspci will indicate what driver is being used, and possibly error information. Normally even if a USB device does not have a driver, there would still be an enumeration of the device.

Regarding the additional power supply, can you give more detail? Can you describe this connection in more detail?