Reference to Xorg.conf and Resolution Settings

I want to purchase the cable before sure this is ok or no.
this is my monitor.

I won’t guarantee the monitor will work, but the monitor’s specification says it has a DVI-D connector (digital). This means that if and only if the EDID of that monitor is compatible with the modes the driver is able to work with, then an adapter for DVI-D to HDMI will work. Keep in mind that some adapters do not pass through EDID (adapters intended for analog DVI save money by cutting that wire).

I have a dual port HDMI cable and I want to purchase a HDMI-DVI convertor.

Is this ok? this don’t have 4 pins in right, it’s a DVI-D. but in my DVI port of monitor, have also 4 right pins.

Screenshot from 2020-06-05 00-05-05 ,

this is my monitor port. Is the above converter ok for my monitor?

Dual link will contain both analog and digital. It might work, and likely it would, but there is no guarantee (I say “likely” because dual link doesn’t really have a purpose if digital is not available, it just does not mean I can guarantee it passes through correctly). My personal thought is that it is worth testing.

Hi @linuxdev,
2 years have passed and I am facing the same problems you did before. Jetpack 4.6.1. I guess it wasn’t fixed?
I am trying to create an Xorg.conf file which will override the auto-select feature and set the resolution to 1920x1080. Higher resolutions might cause performance issues, so this option is vital when using wanting to connect the Jetson to 4K monitors.
However, no matter what I do, the Xorg.conf is overwritten by Nvidia’s driver, while the auto-select feature keeps setting the optimal screen resolution.
Have you found a workaround for this issue?
Thanks,
Shauli

This should probably be a new thread, but what is the exact wiring to the monitor? Is it purely HDMI? Are any adapters used? If wiring does not pass EDID data (VGA for example won’t…even some which later added the DDC wire are using the wrong protocol), then that mode cannot be selected. Xorg.conf should be able to pick among modes the EDID allows if the GPU can handle those specs.

Also, when starting a new thread, add “ModeDebug” to ‘Section "Device"’ in “/etc/X11/xorg.conf”:

Section "Device"
   Option "ModeDebug"

Then reboot, and post the log related to that X11 instance. You’ll know the log from:
ls -ltr /var/log/Xorg.*.log | tail -n 1

In addition, does it work in any mode? While in any working mode (not remote ssh), what do you see from “xrandr”?

Please do start a new thread though, and in that thread mention again the JetPack release version in addition to the log file and the xrandr output, plus the cable types involved and mention any adapters.

Thank you,
I will open a new thread regarding the issue.