Regarding memory and address space controller for TX2

Hi,
I want to know what memory controller and address space controller is being used for TX2.

Can you also provide me the link for the document where it mentions, what is being used in TX2.

Thanks.

Have a check the TRM from download center.

I looked into TRM parker series SoC.
For memory controller, ARM SMMU-500 is being used. There is no mention for address space controller.

I wanted to know if TZC-400 or TZC-380 or in-built ARM SMMU-500 AST controller is being used.

Not sure if the chapter 2 for the address map are you want to know.

I want to know more about security checks on memory access provided by the hardware in tx2. Mainly looking into normal and secure world memory accesses.

trustzone controller are used for this right?

@Bibek
Could you have a check this question?

Thanks

SMMU is for memory protection and to catch illegal accesses from HW devices. It doesn’t perform any security checks on the memory being accessed. SMMU translations are enabled for Normal world under Linux kernel. Transactions from Arm Trusted Firmware don’t go through SMMU.

I want to know more about security checks on memory access provided by the hardware in tx2. Mainly looking into normal and secure world memory accesses.

Memory Controller in TX2 performs the security checks on the memory accesses from Normal world and TZ Secure World. If Normal world tries to access secure memory, Memory Controller would generate an MC Error, returns data as 0xFF on read requests and drops write requests. MC Errors are logged by the MC driver in kernel.

trustzone controller are used for this right?

No, TX2 don’t have any TZ controller.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

@Bibek Which memory controller is used in TX2?

I want to take a look at the reference manual for the memory controller used in tx2.

Its Nvidia Propitiatory. Look for chapter 11.
Its mentioend in the TRM
https://developer.download.nvidia.com/assets/embedded/secure/jetson/TX2/docs/Parker_TRM_DP07821001p.pdf?4PytHYhtHhcGzkVtx_GwM-4MUpdelPoD25PPpg9INKn8OMmBxTYVUmTrsm5S9O6mq75Mx8V3aVgk-v6A6wxz34Upk2yRkyxuDzNoo7tJMsawXwtwe1fxkOGhkvQahrEnaOEeDdYve_SS5HCph1zYJrgSI1RgUh00HUSTs4ZdySw

Thanks