Restarting the deepstream pipeline again

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version Latest

I have created a pipeline where I am dynamically processing multiple videos and saving them in a new folder. Flow is something like this:

1. Deepstream takes video from the server (S3)
  2. Saves it on local
  3. Process it
  4. Store it
  5. Deepstream takes new video from the server

** I m restarting the pipeline after processing one video otherwise filesink doesn’t create a video locally.

Now when I restart the pipeline it processes the new video but doesn’t actually take inference on it. This means the video is just getting passed through the pipeline without being passed through a model. The output video doesn’t contain any bounding boxes nor it produces any metadata. I don’t what can be the reason for it.

The only difference I noticed when it starts the pipeline after second video is it creates decodebin element with an incremented value like this.

source-bin-00

Decodebin child added: source 

Decodebin child added: decodebin1 

Decodebin child added: qtdemux1 

Decodebin child added: multiqueue1 

Decodebin child added: h264parse1 

Decodebin child added: capsfilter1 

Decodebin child added: aacparse1 

Decodebin child added: avdec_aac1 

Decodebin child added: nvv4l2decoder1 

for first video where it works fine it is like this

source-bin-00

Decodebin child added: source 

Decodebin child added: decodebin0 

Decodebin child added: qtdemux0 

Decodebin child added: multiqueue0 

Decodebin child added: h264parse0 

Decodebin child added: capsfilter0 

Decodebin child added: aacparse0 

Decodebin child added: avdec_aac0 

Decodebin child added: nvv4l2decoder0

What can be the reason for it to not take inference on the second video?

Is there any error or crash when restarting the pipeline? Can you run below command before run your application to chek if there is any error.
export GST_DEBUG=2

@kesong Here’s the log file
deepstream.txt (193.1 KB)

I can’t get any clue from the log. Can you add log in infer plugin to check if the infer work when restarting the pipeline?

Here is the updated logs with GST_DEBUG=4, I m new to deepstream can you please share any link or method through which I can add logs in infer plugin (I m using Python for all these processing) updated_logs.txt (699.5 KB)

Suggest to write one script to process multi-file. deepstream only process one file every time to avoid restart pipeline.