Rivermax on Jetson Nano

Hi,

I have some doubts about Rivermax availability on the Jetson Nano, maybe you can help to dissolve the fog ahead of me :)

So based on the documentation it seems like its only available on the AGX XAVIER as it has that is the only one with the proper networking hardware.

However thanks to an error in a deepstream app execution :D I found this:

(gst-plugin-scanner:19): GStreamer-WARNING **: 20:53:23.735: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/deepstream/libnvdsgst_udp.so': librivermax.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As it seem the deepstream GStreamer pipeline tried to access it. If the application is executed without error I dont get this error message. So I speculated that the GStreamer pipeline is using it internally (on the localhost only therefore it does not need the networking interface found in the AGX XAVIER).

Can someone confirm if we can use rivermax on the same host?

For our solution we use Jetson Nanos and we use UDP streams locally between our processing modules. So even if we would not be able to use the Rivermax for cross host streaming we would benefit from it very much even on the same host.

AFAIK, it’s not supported on Jetson Nano, the ConnectX-6 Dx and Bluefield-2 are the main supported platforms.
The Rivermax is a product which requires customers to have a valid support contract. In case you have a valid support contract, it would be great if you can open a ticket by emailing " Networking-support@nvidia.com
or join
NVIDIA Rivermax SDK Membership Required | NVIDIA Developer to get more info.

2 Likes

Rivermax is a SW SDK that works with NVIDIA networking cards like ConnectX-6 Dx and BlueField-2. there is no option to connection a networking card to the Jetson Nano. we do have this option on the Jetson AGX Xavier.

2 Likes