Run DeepStream-l4t image with USB camera

Hi there

I’m trying to understand the DeepStream SDK with python so I found the DeepStream-l4t image that you can run and it already has the sample code.

I want to use this samples with my USB cam so in the instrucctions it says that I need to run the container with this command.

sudo docker run -it --rm --net=host --runtime nvidia  -e DISPLAY=$DISPLAY -w /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0 -v /tmp/.X11-unix/:/tmp/.X11-unix nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream-l4t:6.0.1-samples

and in the aditional configurations says that if I want to run it with a USB cam I have to add the option --device, so I try this:

sudo docker run -it --rm --net=host --runtime nvidia  -e DISPLAY=$DISPLAY -w /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0 -v /tmp/.X11-unix/:/tmp/.X11-unix nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream-l4t:6.0.1-samples --device /dev/video0

And I get this error:

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: exec: "--device": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown.

Can someone please help me with that?

For USB Camera additional argument --device /dev/video, please refer to DeepStream-l4t | NVIDIA NGC

please try this
sudo docker run -it --rm --net=host --runtime nvidia -e DISPLAY=$DISPLAY -w /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0 -v /tmp/.X11-unix/:/tmp/.X11-unix --device /dev/video0 nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream-l4t:6.0.1-samples

1 Like

Ahhhh, looks like I was placing --device flag after the image name. Thanks dude.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.