Screen resolution of jetson nano when connected with wareshare C 7 inch

hi everyone
i have a jetson nano connected with wareshare C 7 inch screen.
in setting->display , it show 800x600 pixel, and the button is disable, so i cannot change ant thing but this wareshare screen support 1024×600 .
So how can i change resolution from 800x600 (i dont remember exactly) to 1024×600
thank you !!!

Please add below option in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, ‘Section “Device”’. Verbose mode logging will be shown in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. And share us the Xorg.0.log.

Section “Device”

Option “ModeDebug”

EndSection

here the Xorg.0.log
log.txt (14.4 KB)

Was that log made with the above “ModeDebug” first added to Section "Device"? It doesn’t seem to be a verbose log. If it is, then is this a purely HDMI monitor (or DP, but point being, no adapters)?

i use this screen.

because i am beginner, so i cannot figure out what is the problem here

i tried again

first add Option “ModeDebug” in ‘Section “Device”’ in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

xorg_conf.txt (1004 Bytes)

then restart the jetson

so here the /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Xorg_0_log.txt (210.5 KB)

the ‘xrandr’

Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 800 x 480, maximum 16384 x 16384
HDMI-0 connected primary 800x480+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 150mm x 100mm
800x480 65.68*+
DP-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

i have check again my screen is wareshare B (resolution is 800 * 480)

my mistake:(

but thank you linuxdev and WayneWWW for your help

That helped, the log is now verbose. The driver looks at the EDID data returned by the monitor (which states the monitor’s capabilities), and the driver is now giving a verbose log of what it thinks of every mode (modes from EDID are the only modes the driver will try to configure for, but this is limited by those modes the driver/hardware supports from the Jetson side). There is no mode listed for 1024x600, and so this is not directly supported by the monitor itself.

There are a lot of modes. To view just that listing try this (I’m using the downloaded log file name, but substitute for whatever your Xorg log file name is):
egrep 'Mode \".+\" is' Xorg_0_log.txt

Next, egrep for just the valid modes:
egrep 'Mode \".+\" is valid' Xorg_0_log.txt

The driver is accepting only:
[ 9.025] (II) NVIDIA(GPU-0): Mode "800x480_66" is valid.

You can examine the log by looking for “Building ModePool”. Below that is the iteration through the list of modes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.