Send a custom message using messagebroker on deepstream-test5 (app5) to AWS IOT

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
Xavier NX
• DeepStream Version
5.0 or 5.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)

• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
questions

**• I would like to publish a topic using a messagebroker with a default values for a real time coordinate to AWS IoT, I would like to know that which part of the deepstream-test5 example I should make the changes and eliminate all the current values in order to receive specific / customized default values on AWS IoT core things.

Regards

Please refer to this,
Filtering objects with nvdsanalytics to reduce messages sent to the broker - Intelligent Video Analytics / DeepStream SDK - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Sorry but I still did not understand how the app5 pipeline use the nvmsgconv, how do you integrate that to the deepstream_test5_app_main.c (code line) and how the nvmsgconv is aggregating to the app5. and how I can make is customize based on my use case. I want just the following values pass to AWS lat, lon, alt, and BBOX coordinated, and object type and ID.

Are you asking about how gstreamer works? here some basic concepts. Basic tutorial 2: GStreamer concepts

and how I can make is customize based on my use case. I want just the following values pass to AWS lat, lon, alt, and BBOX coordinated, and object type and ID.

now we have below structure to encapsulate as extMsg in NvDsEventMsgMeta, it should be enough for your case.

this is the usage:
Generating custom metadata for different type of objects:
In addition to common fields provided in NvDsEventMsgMeta structure, user can also create custom objects and attach to buffer as NVDS_EVENT_MSG_META metadata.
To do that NvDsEventMsgMeta provides “extMsg” and “extMsgSize” fields. User can create custom structure, fill that structure and assign the pointer of that structure as “extMsg” and set the “extMsgSize” accordingly.
If custom object contains fields that can’t be simply mem copied then user should also provide function to copy and free those objects.

Refer generate_event_msg_meta() to know how to use “extMsg” and “extMsgSize” fields for custom objects and how to provide copy/free function and attach that object to buffer as metadata.