Silent driver uninstallation without a forced reboot (Solved)

Hello,
I need to install Quadro drivers on several hundred PC’s and I have successfully created a silent installation, but I am unable to create a silent uninstallation because the silent uninstall command line forces a reboot.
The command line I am using for silent uninstall is the following -
“C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\RunDll32.EXE” “C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2\InstallerCore\NVI2.DLL”,UninstallPackage Display.Driver -silent

I have tried the -noreboot switch but that does not help to suppress the reboot for uninstall.
I am unable to find any documentation regarding silent uninstall switches. Is there a switch to suppress reboot during uninstall?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I already asked support, they didn’t help and said I should post here.

Hi,

Silent uninstallation was never meant to skip the reboot requirement—thus, the flag like, -noreboot, will not work.

[Note that, it is not the silent installation which is forcing a reboot. Driver uninstallation usually requires a reboot. This may not be the case for silent install of a non-driver component. In silent install, the default logic is to consider reboot if uninstallation needs it. This is not the case for UI based install because their user is asked to reboot now or later]

For now, if you pass -deviceinitiated parameter to that command; it should stop rebooting. Note that, This is meant for inf based uninstall and it may not uninstall all other dependent driver packages so please take this into consideration.

Thanks,
Ryan Park

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, but I managed to suppress it myslef by editing “C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2\Display.Driver.{DC4ECC7B-AAC5-4C39-90FB-507136B9938C}\DisplayDriver.NVX” file before uninstallation and setting uninstallReboot=“true” flag to false.

Hi,

I am trying to perform a silent uninstallation as well. Is there a way to do this in a Windows batch script or PowerShell script?