Quadro 348.07 Driver Silent Installation - Unable to Generate setup.iss Response file

Hi,

I don’t know if this is the right forum to post this here, but I’m looking for some help.

My organization uses a fleet of Quadro K2200m video cards. I’m trying to setup an SCCM 2007 package to install this NVIDIA driver silently so it can be deployed remotely.

After doing some research online, it seems that the best way to do this through SCCM is by installing it as an application. So I am trying to create an unattended installation with the extracted contents of the quadro 348.07 ODE driver i downloaded from the nvidia website.

After extracting the contents to C:\NVIDIA on my local workstation, I have launched a command prompt as administrator, and I am trying to generate a response file with each of the following commands with no success:

setup.exe -r -f1C:\nvidia\setup.iss

setup.exe /r /f1C:\nvidia\setup.iss

The setup.exe executes and installs the driver, but no .iss respone file is ever generated.

I’ve even tried using the /F2 parameter to output a log file to my local folder C:\nvidia, but that does not even want to seem to be generated.

Are these command lines to old for these new driver setup.exes? Or is there a better alternative to deploying this via SCCM?

At this point, I’m totally stuck and need a solution. Please help!

Thank you for any advice,
Jobu Bryanson

I’m not familiar with SCCM and you may get better help in one of the other driver forums on this site. However, I think the iss method is no longer supported, as I believe the NVIDIA driver installer no longer uses installshield.

I don’t know what all of your install requirements are, but I believe you can run a silent install with some of the following switches:

setup.exe /n /s /noeula /nofinish

/s - silent install
/n - no reboot

Thanks that’s exactly what i need. Also discovered in the setup.cfg file it containts some of the switches / properties. So i was able to trial and error and ended up using:

setup.exe -s -noreboot -clean

Didn’t need that -noeula as it was implied in the clean install already

After that, i was able to import that into SCCM as an application and run it in a task sequence.

Thanks for the help!

Woulda been nice if Nvidia had some updated documentation on this. Had to do a lot of digging around just to find out the method of generating the response .iss file is no longer supported!

What does -clean do?

It performs a clean install. If you study the regular installer you’ll see where the clean install checkbox is. It basically removes previous driver settings.

I also need to do a silent custom installation for SCCM. Is there somewhere else we could inquire about this?

For anyone else finding this, you can open up setup.cfg and scroll down to :

<bool name="clean" property="CleanInstall"/>
<bool name="prestage" property="PrestageInstall"/>
<bool name="validate" property="ValidationInstall"/>
<string name="validationFile" property="ValidationFile"/>
<bool name="forcereboot" property="RebootRequired"/>
<bool name="noreboot" property="IgnoreReboot"/>
<bool name="k" property="RebootRequired"/>
<bool name="n" property="IgnoreReboot"/>
<bool name="passive" property="ProgressOnly"/>
<bool name="noeula" property="SkipEula"/>
<bool name="nofinish" property="SkipFinish"/>
<bool name="ignorepnp" property="IgnorePnpFlag"/>
<bool name="progresswitheula" property="ProgressWithEula"/>
<int name="custominvokerid" property="CustomInvokerId"/>

I tried a couple of the boolean names, and adding them to the setup command (e.g. setup.exe -passive) enables them. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a way to customize components.