SOLVED: NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-418.113.run fails install on kernel: 5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64 due to missing file "asm/kmap_type.h"

I have a Dell Precision M4800 notebook with onboard Intel and a quadro k2100 installed. Running Parrot OS, a Debian derivative.

I’m unable to get the K2100 operational on account of driver issues, specifically unable to install a working driver for this card.

I’ve used the Nvidia driver search tool and downloaded the recommended driver, which is in the title of this post, yet install fails on account of the missing file, also mentioned in the title of this post.

I’ve installed the linux-headers for this kernel and note their is an asm directory located at the path:

usr/src/linux-headers-5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64/arch/x86/include/generated/asm/

and this contains a file named ‘kmap_size.h’ but no kmap_type.h

The previous kernel installed yields no better luck.

Any assistance you can provide to this frustrating issue will be very much appreciated thank you.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (158.3 KB)
nvidia-installer.log (3.1 MB)

The 418 driver is outdated, furthermore, please use the debian repo driver, not the runfile installler. Since you have a hybrid graphics notebook, please see this on further steps:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/having-problem-while-using-external-monitor-on-parrot-os/199476

Thanks for your reply. The repo drivers won’t install because they say the card is not supported. Hence my turning to the NVIDIA driver search tool which recommended this driver.

How is fixing my Xorg conf going to help if I can’t get a driver installed?

You can’t use the latest (495/510) but the 470 legacy driver. It supports your GK106GLM chip.

ok thanks for that. I’ll give that a go. is it also necessary to do the config adjustment, you linked in your last post, with this driver?

ok I have now got it all working thank you for your assistance @generix . Much appreciated.