Starting questions TX2

Hi,

I am working on a some sensor processing and Machine Learning and would like to deploy my code on TX2. I have some questions about starting with TX2 like.

1. Between python and C++, which language should be used to write code for Tx2. My application code is in python but could it be worth it to invest in C++ as the code could be faster ?

2. Which libraries are supported for C++ and for python. Can one also install new python libraries other than the ones available in jetpack by cross compiling. The same question for C++, can other libraries be cross compiled for TX2’s arm processor and GPU.

Hi,

It’s recommended to use C++ to implement your program.
To execute tasks with GPU, it requires CUDA implementation. On Jetson platform, only C++ based CUDA is available.

• Python You don't need to compile a python program. The required module can be installed via apt or pip, similar to the usage of x86 Linux environment.
  • C++ Here is a tutorial for cross compiling a C++ program for your reference: https://devblogs.nvidia.com/cuda-jetson-nvidia-nsight-eclipse-edition/

Thanks.