Static builds of tegra libraries

Hi, I’m trying to build a static version of a library that links against libnvbuf_utils. The shared version builds with no error as libnvbuf_utils.so is found in /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra, however attempting to build the static version results in errors as there is no libnvbuf_utils.a to be found on the system. Are there instructions for building the static versions of the tegra libraries? Are built versions hosted somewhere? Can they be included in upcoming versions of JetPack? Or is there something I’m missing? Thanks!

Why do you need static for your APP?

Portability, especially with containers. I found that there were static .a builds of the v4l2 libs needed, but not nvbuf_utils.

The nvbuf_utils should be depend on Tegra only. Build for the containers that couldn’t work.

I’m not understanding. Is that a “no, static builds of those libraries aren’t/won’t be available”?

Hi,
Static lib of nvbuf_utils is not available. It is not open source and built into libnvbuf_utils.so. This should be good for most cases. As of now we don’t have plan to support the option of building into static library.