TCC support for Titan Xp not yet implemented?

Hi guys,

I need to run two Titan Xp cards in TCC mode on windows 10, and according to nvidia-smi.exe -h all Titan products from after Kepler architecture should be supported, however when I try to set them I get:

“Unable to set driver model for GPU 0000:0F:00.0: Not Supported”

Am I missing something here? Would I have been better off going with the Titan X ? :-(

Thanks!

Make sure you are using the latest driver.
Do you see this message on both GPUs?

Yes I should have mentioned, I am using the latest drivers and I see this messae on both GPUs.

Still no luck with this using 382.05 WHQL drivers.

I too have this problem. Using the Displaydriver 382.33. Weird and disappointing.

Two questions;

1. Has anyone out there been able to put the Titan Xp into TCC mode?

2. Has anyone filed a bug with NVIDIA? From my experience that does work rather well.

Also Windows 10 is nasty with the forced updates and I believe that in the past I have left a Windows 10 PC with an older Titan X in TCC mode then found a week later that the WDDM driver was forcibly installed.

As to 2) no. I am such a newbie with all of this that I am trying to strike myself and my mistakes from the equation first.

you are aware that you have to reset the system after you use the command prompt to put the Titan X into TCC (via NVSMI utility);

from command line (assuming that the Titan X is in PCI-E slot #1);

• nvidia-smi -g 1 -dm 1

Can’t remember how often I restarted / rebooted including plugging the power after shutdown and new boot.

I do get the following error on both GPUs:

c:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI>nvidia-smi -g 1 -fdm 1
Unable to set driver model for GPU 0000:84:00.0: Not Supported
Treating as warning and moving on.
All done.

c:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI>nvidia-smi -g 0 -fdm 1
Unable to set driver model for GPU 0000:83:00.0: Not Supported
All done.

All done, but nothing changes.

This is the out-put of nvidia-smi:
±----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 382.33 Driver Version: 382.33 |
|-------------------------------±---------------------±---------------------+
| GPU Name TCC/WDDM | Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap| Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
| 0 TITAN Xp WDDM | 0000:83:00.0 On | N/A |
| 23% 36C P8 14W / 250W | 489MiB / 12288MiB | 1% Default |
±------------------------------±---------------------±---------------------+
| 1 TITAN Xp WDDM | 0000:84:00.0 Off | N/A |
| 23% 30C P8 11W / 250W | 489MiB / 12288MiB | 1% Default |
±------------------------------±---------------------±---------------------+

Hmm, well that blows… I was able to put the ‘older’ Pascal Titan X in TCC mode so this must be unique to this new model.

Given the information you supplied (and the fact that others have reported the same issue) I think the problem is not due to your error, rather a bug.

Register as a ‘NVIDIA Developer’ and file a bug with all the details. Usually they act rather quickly.

I guys, just to config: I’m certain that I used the NVIDIA-SMI command correctly, but I get the same message as Besterino:

“Unable to set driver model for GPU 0000:83:00.0: Not Supported
All done.”

I filled the bug, pressed “Submit” and than “An error occurred” pop-upped. Why NVidia have such a weird bugtracker? This is not the first problem I encounter with it.

(But I could report bug about this bug in bugreporting)

my guess:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1011754/bug-report-site-down-/#5160569

If you file your bug successfully against windows 7 and give me the bug number reported by the system, I will add windows 10 to the bug report. Yes I am aware this is broken. Yes I have alerted the authorities. No, not everything gets fixed as quickly as you or I would like.

Thanks!

Reported for Windows 7 with bug ID=1943403

I’ve modified the bug report from windows 7 to windows 10

Sweet - how can I track the bug (through the ID?) even if it’s not “my” bug? (I am registered as a developer.)

Sorry for the stupid question…

There is no way. If I understood correctly - NVidia did so for sensitive data security reasons.

I will update topic with bug report updating.

Correct. Generally speaking, for the registered developer portal, you cannot observe a bug filed by someone else.

The reason I can do it is that I am a NVIDIA employee.

NVIDIA’s bug reporting system restricts access to bug reports to the filer and relevant NVIDIA engineers.

The reason for this is to keep customer data confidential. Bug reports frequently contain data that is sensitive in a competitive sense, whether these are customers in business or academia. Examples could be: what entities are using GPUs, who inside an organization is using GPUs, which GPUs are they using, what products or projects are they using GPUs for, details of customer’s system configurations, details about a customer’s software applications. For customers that are government agencies, one could imagine that security aspects play into this general scenario.

Ahhh. Thank you for clarifying and also formuliert support in this matter. Appreciated!