I have a server HPE Proliant DL380 Gen10, 512GB RAM, with inside a Tesla V100-PCIE-32GB.
Windows Server 2019 is installed.
We have configured the Hyper-V role and installed a VM with 320GB RAM.
What we have done on the host is :
- Disabled the Tesla on the host.
- Set-VM -Name $VMName -AutomaticStopAction TurnOff
- Set-VM -LowMemoryMappedIoSpace 3Gb -VMName $VMName
- Set-VM -HighMemoryMappedIoSpace 33000Mb -VMName $VMName
- $locationPath = "PCIROOT(36)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)"
- Dismount-VMHostAssignableDevice -force -LocationPath $locationPath
- Add-VMAssignableDevice -LocationPath $locationPath -VMName $VMName
Unfortunately, each time the VM starts I have this error message in the device manager :
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.
I have tried to change the MMIO to
3GB / 33000MB
2GB / 4GB (found on a blog but for Grid cards)
176Mb / 560Mb -> because the MS script listed the card as :
NVIDIA Tesla V100-PCIE-32GB
Express Endpoint – more secure.
And its interrupts are message-based, assignment can work.
And it requires at least: 48 MB of MMIO gap space
So I added 48 to the 128Mb / 512Mb from the default configuration.
When changing the MMIO config, do I need to remove the card from the VM, change the config and reconnect the card to the VM or can I just change the config without doing anything to the VM ?
No MMIO configuration solve the problem.
Can someone please help me ?
Thanks in advance for your help.