The file system is damaged after power failure, resulting in infinite restart

hi,After a power failure accident, my Jetson AgX Xavier will restart indefinitely when it is restarted. The above shows that the ext4 file system is damaged. I can’t enter the command line, and I can’t use fsck to repair it. My log file is attached below,I want to know how I should repair it, instead of re burning the image when this happens。
kernel_reboot.txt (181.3 KB)

hello liuzhiyuan0821,

you may download the ubuntu image and creating a bootable USB stick or, SD card.
since SD and USB have prior boot order then internal eMMC. you should able to enter the installation menu, there should be repair options to repair your corrupted filesystem.
please have a try, thanks

Sorry, I use the board of the company, but the official image is used. This situation was reported to us by the customer. I want to know how to modify the kernel code to avoid this situation, rather than fix it

please check developer guide, Kernel Customization. thanks

hi,I enter initramfs mode, and then I use fsck, which will report an error,

fsck /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck from util-linux 2.31.1
fsck: error 2 (No such file or directory) while executing fsck.ext4 for /dev/mmcblk0p1

Please tell me how to solve this problem. Thank you very much for your answer

hello liuzhiyuan0821

do you have /sbin on your PATH? you may try running /sbin/fsck.ext4 directly for confirmation.

hi Have /sbin, this won’t work. After entering boot mode, I used the rescue kernel to enter initramfs, and then used the instruction fsck /dev/mmcblk0p1
thanks

hello liuzhiyuan0821

is the issue resolved? you may re-flash the target if you cannot repair your corrupted filesystem.

Hi, it hasn’t been solved yet. I don’t want to rewrite it. I want to completely solve this problem. What can you get from my log

hello liuzhiyuan0821,

sorry, please re-flash the target if you cannot repair your corrupted filesystem.

Hi, can I find other ways to avoid this situation? Besides, why can’t I find the meaning of this 74 error code? VFS: Cannot open root device “mmcblk0p1” or unknown-block(179,1): error -74

hi ,I found the following information. Maybe you can refer to it.
VFS: Cannot open root device “mmcblk0p1” or unknown-block(179,1): error -19
Please append a correct “root=” boot option; here are the available partitions:

A is mmcblk0p1
B is unknown block (179,1)
C is 19
The format of a is correct. Please refer to documentation / block / CmdLine partition for the partition name of MMC device txt
B means that the driver of MMC device has been found, because the primary and secondary devices have come out and are correct Please refer to documentation/devices txt
C = 19 means \define enodev 19 / * no such device*/
The conclusion of this problem is

1. With drive
  2. Check whether the disk name level partition name is correct
  3. Check the corresponding file system

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.