Troubleshooting and I2S in Driver Package Development Guide

I am a new developer and haven’t had much experience with dev boards, any help is appreciated.

I am having Troubleshooting both issue 1: No Sound Cards Found and Issue 2: Sound Not Audible

Issue 1:
Following the trouble shooting steps I get the following from [dmesg | grep ASoC] command.
[ 6.276363] tegra210-ape-admaif tegra210-admaif: ASoC: Failed to create codec debugfs directory
[ 6.277859] tegra210-adsp adsp_audio.3: ASoC: Failed to create platform debugfs directory
then the output similar to the drivers documentation

When checking the Codec driver instantiation via Device Tree
The directory for the following doesn’t exist
$KERNEL_TOP/arch/arm64/boot/dts/

Is this an error from flashing the OS? Looking at it after installation it said everything was successful.

However in Issue 2:

I’ve confirmed multiple time that the DAPM path is completed.
Yet the files to confirm the pinmux setting for I2S master/slave mode don’t exist as a file/directory
arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-foster-e-p2530-common.dtsi
arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-platforms/tegra210-foster-e-pinmux-p2530-0930-e00.dtsi

same with the arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-common.dtsi

Also, trying to form an internal DAPM path connecting I2S with the same I2S instance using the command:
amixer -c 0 sset ‘I2S Mux’ ‘I2S’
results in:
amixer: unable to find simple control ‘ADX1 MUX’, 0

any help or clues would be great. I haven’t been able to find a lot of documentation other than the drivers package development guide. I have also looked at ALSA project website and some of the forums but haven’t been able to find a solution

Hi NewDev29,

There is no audio codec mounted on devkit, you will need to find one for developing.
And, please refer to [Tegra ASoC Driver]

[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-documentation-24-2-1[/url]

Thanks