Tx1 can't be booted normally

Tx1 has been flashing after being booted. After rebooting, I found that I can’t enter the system. Only the desktop wallpaper can be displayed on the screen. The sidebar and desktop icons are gone. How can I solve this problem? Thank you

Do you have local login through non-GUI? E.g., CTRL-ALT-F2, or ssh, or serial console? If so, do you see all “ok” from:

sha1sum -c /etc/nv_tegra_release

Also, what do you see from:

df -H -t ext4

Does this work or fail with an error message?

sudo ls

On the host PC (not the Jetson), at the location where you flashed, there will be directory “Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/”. What is the exact byte size of file “system.img” at that location? Example:

cd /where/ever/it/is/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/
ls -l system.img

Hello,linuxdev.In fact,I just log in to the nvidia account normally. The reason is that I couldn’t open a makefile yesterday. Then I restarted TX1 and found that only the desktop background can be displayed. The desktop icon and status bar are gone, and the mouse can only be moved and the terminal cannot be opened. I use the reset button to restart TX1 again, and the desktop icon is always flashing and cannot be operated.
I found a similar problem description through Google because I was running out of system memory and I was unable to boot the system properly. How can I solve this problem or how to reinstall the system?

By running out of memory, are you saying the eMMC partition has filled? This would account for the problem. Before you flash though, can you log in via a text console without the GUI? If ssh login starts to connect, and then doesn’t complete, this might be a partial validation of the idea of the disk filling up.

If you have anything valuable, be aware that you can clone before flashing. A cloned partition can be loopback mounted and examined, edited, so on. So long as the version being flashed and the version from the clone are the same it is also possible to restore from an edited clone through the flash process (you can generated a new root partition or you can re-use an existing partition…an existing partition is via a clone).

Command line flash is what I actually consider easiest…this is due to requirements for getting JetPack running and the ability to manipulate/customize flash. On the other hand, if you just want to flash, then JetPack will be easier. JetPack also allows adding extra packages (such as CUDA) to Jetson and/or host. The latest L4T release on a TX1 is R28.2.1:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra-r2821
(you’ll have to go to this URL, log in, and then click on the URL a second time to see the content)

To flash on command line you need the driver package and the sample rootfs (if you are restoring from a clone, then the clone replaces the sample rootfs).

If you flash with JetPack (the host must be Ubuntu), then you can skip other downloads (JetPack will download the right packages for you).

The instructions for normal command line flash are here, but outdated. Everything is the same except the package names would reflect R28.2.1 names instead of older release names:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1000253/jetson-tx1/jetpack-not-able-to-load-on-tx1/post/5158557/#5158557

You may also try to clear user’s compiz cache.
For example, if you’re facing problems with user ubuntu:

sudo rm -r /home/ubuntu/.cache/compizconfig-1