TX2 Using Main Platform Device Tree File

Dear community,

i have to create a device tree for my custom camera board based on the OV5693 board.

I’m refereeing to NVIDIA Tegra Linux Driver Package Development Guide 28.2 Release.

And i want to use Using Main Platform Device Tree File because the EEPROM is needed for the plugin manager.

1. First i can’t find the file that is described in the documentation under bullet 1. :
    /hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dtsi

i only see the file that is described under bullet 3.
/hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dts

are those files same and there is a typo in documentation?

2)Under bullet 4 it says:
In the DTS file, replace the following line:
• TX2:
#include <t18x-common-platforms/tegra186-quill-camera-modules.dtsi>

with what should i replace this t18x-common-platforms/tegra186-quill-camera-modules.dtsi ??

Best Regards.

In the driver package (which is downloaded directly or indirectly via JetPack) use the “source_sync.sh” program to get the source:

./source_sync.sh -k tegra-l4t-r28.2

The hardware directory is used in a relative path for some code and extends outside of the base kernel source tree. After you use source_sync.sh you will have a “sources/” subdirectory and you can look there.

Hi Linuxdev,

i have the source code, and know that the files for device tree are located in the hardware folder. But i’m new to the arm64 device tree , and need some help how to configure my own device tree.

I’m saying that the file in the bullet 1 of the 28.2 documentation ( Camera Development → Sensor Driver Programming Guide → Device Registration → Using Main Platform Device Tree File), there is no file by name:
“tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dtsi”

Maybe is this a typo? and the right file name is tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dts ??

With what file should i replace the file tegra186-quill-camera-modules.dtsi that is described in the same section under bullet 4?

Thanks.
BR.

The dts file should be here from the source_sync.sh download:

sources/hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dts

…looks like there is no dtsi. Many dts have both a dts and a dtsi file, but not in this case. So it seems like it is an error in the R28.2 documentation.

Note: The end goal is to find the block in the device tree corresponding to what you want to edit…it won’t matter if this is in a dtsi or a dts file…both will end up in the result if this is a unique location for the particular block.