Ubuntu + kernel 5.8 : Nvidia driver makes initramfs crashes on boot

Hello,
I own a Dell laptop with the following hardware:

• RTX 2060 mobile (rev a1, 10de:1f11)
  • Desktop-grade i9
  • 24Go RAM 2400MHz
  • NVME storage
  • Secure Boot disabled

I reinstalled recently from scratch my Ubuntu. The nouveau driver works well with Ubuntu 20.04 and Linux kernel 5.8.0. However, if I install any Nvidia driver (450 or 460, from Canonical or graphicsdrivers PPA), the initial ram filesystem fails to load at boot time (it is stuck before entering the “booted” state), without any errors on screen. If I try the recovery boot mode, with debug added to the kernel options, I only get as message

Loading initial ramdisk…

Adding nomodeset, or running prime-select intel on chroot do not change anything.

Moreover, if I cannot boot from any live Ubuntu using kernel 5.8.0. Sometimes, I can make Ubuntu working by installing linux-modules-nvidia-460-generic-hwe-20.04 but at the next kernel update from unattended-upgrades it gets broken again. I have no warnings or errors when installing the Nvidia driver.

My setup has worked for a year and half with Ubuntu 19.04 up to 20.04 and linux kernel 5.4, and is still the case today with driver 450.

Edit : Here is the result of the script nvidia-bug-report.sh. To obtain it, I installed the Nvidia driver 460, let my laptop crashes on next reboot, I booted on a live Ubuntu with an old but working kernel, chrooted my installation, then ran the script : nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (90.8 KB)

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

I attached the generated log report to the initial description.

Please delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Also, your kernel is too old to support your intel iGPU. You’re running a kernel 4.13 on Ubuntu 20.04, I guess for troubleshooting. Make sure you boot into the correct kernel.

I deleted the xorg.conf file, but it does not change anything, my laptop is still hanging on loading the initramfs.

I tested the driver 465.19.01 from the CUDA repository with kernel 5.8.0-50, and also attempted to boot from a live USB Ubuntu 21.04 with kernel 5.11, in both situation my computer is still hanging on loading initramfs. It looks like to me that a corner case is broken since kernel 5.8 with the Nvidia driver.
However, it does work as intended with Manjaro (kernel 5.10, Driver 460), so it might be only Debian/Ubuntu related.