I have encountered problem using the Nvidia SDK Manager to re-flash the Nvidia Jetson Xavier AGX (P2888-0004_32 GB) mainly with the following observations:
- the device has been flashed once before and running before the second re-flash because of the need of “deepstream” SDK
- recovery mode is dropped (eg. lsusb without Nvidia details) whenever it reached about 33% mark (the Nvidia information"0955:7019 Nvidia Corp" disappears) and encountered a usb discovery error
- attempt doing manually with “sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1” also does not work (it just halted after long time without showing any errors)
- the above are all done holding the “Recovery” and “Reset” buttons or “Recovery” and “Power” buttons as per “To flash Jetson Developer Kit operating software” document (“https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide%2Fquick_start.html%23”)
- I have used a different host laptop with the specified Ubuntu 18.04 OS in the second attempt of refresh. Using the provided cable from the Xavier AGX developer kit and has successfully flash it once. The Nvidia SDK Manager can detect the board before installation/flashing on step 1 page.
- I have done that on the same network. But using Nvidia SDK Manager, internet connection with the AGX device is not necessary since flashing is done with the included USB-C cable?
- I would assume the 32GB space is enough for the flashing based on recovery mode?
- I did not manage to get to the previous “Automatic Setup” screen in SDK manager with only error stating failure in flashing.
- Direct connection from board via USB-C cable included with the power cable connected; nothing else is connected.
- Failed to flash even for the latest Jetpack 4.4.1 and using the manual command (sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1) as described in the email below.
- LT4 is being installed and all the mandatory components in Step 1 on the host without the SDK components. Thus, the host directory contains all the files but unable to flash the target (Xavier AGX)?
- I have tried to read the posted flashing problems other developers have raised in the blogs; but, could not find a workable solution yet.
The device currently has to be shelved till someone can lend me a hand or share. Thanks anyone in advance for offering to provide the needed assistances.