Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64

Hi All,

I’m trying to cross compile through Nsight Eclipse to TX1 board. My host is Mac Pro 2015 with NVIDIA GT750M. I installed CUDA 8.0 and opencv 3.1 on host. On TX1, I’m using JetPack 3.0.

I Created Image Resize project with including opencv library (opencv_core, opencv_highhui… etc).

When I build in Nsight, I got error like this…

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I see there are some solutions online but not sure how to modify in Nsight settings.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Btw, what are the best coding environment for you guys to develop TX1 projects? Cross-compile through Nsight or directly coding on TX1 Ubuntu.

Hi,

For tegra, we expect Ubuntu14.04 host and verify our tools and libraries on it.

There is an alternative may solve your problem. (But not sure since we don’t have mac on hand to give it a try.)
Please create a project that set Target Systems to remote. This will force Nsight to use remote compiler on the device directly.
Ideally, if your can access device via SSH, project should be able to build with the device compiler.

If not, please switch to Ubuntu14.04 as host environment.

Thanks, do I need to config build settings in NVCC compiler and linker for opencv related projects?

Hi,

Please refer to this topic:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1010145/jetson-tx1/how-to-use-opencv3-1-with-nvidia-nsight-/post/5157413/#5157413

Thanks.

For these errors,
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

The online solution is Xcode (Mac) compiler issue, adding libstdc++ (GNU C++ standard library) can fix the problem.

Do you know how to add this into Nsight configuration?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

You can add library information via:
Properties -> Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> NVCC Compiler -> Includes
Properties -> Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> NVCC Linker -> Libraries

Thanks.