NVIDIA Nsight Eclipse Edition for Jetson TK1

Originally published at: https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/nvidia-nsight-eclipse-edition-for-jetson-tk1/

NVIDIA® Nsight™ Eclipse Edition is a full-featured, integrated development environment that lets you easily develop CUDA® applications for either your local (x86) system or a remote (x86 or ARM) target. In this post, I will walk you through the process of remote-developing CUDA applications for the NVIDIA Jetson TK1, an ARM-based development kit. Nsight supports…

Thanks for this post, Satish! I'm still waiting to get my Jetson TK1. When I get it, I intend on developing on it from my Mac (OS X Mavericks). Do you know if that setup is supported, or should I use a Ubuntu partition instead?

Is there any way to compile the program inside the Jetson itself?! I couldn't find any instruction for that?

Mr Alexander...i am looking for a solution to a challenge..i want to use the jetson board to encode an analog video using h.264 and then output it at ethernet port of the board...i couldnt find any analog video input port...is there any expansion slot..?

Hi, I followed the same steps but I keep on running into Xlib : extension "GLX" missing on display ":0" error... Can anybody guide me.

Josh good to know that you have a board on the way. Please use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on the host for cross development. MAC OSX is also a supported host platform but “synchronize-projects” remote development mode is the way to go on MAC, I’ll add more details on MAC in a future post.

You would usually see this error if you don't have a active desktop running on Jetson TK1. Do you have a panel connected to Jetson TK1?

Thanks Alexander.

Do you want to capture an analog video and then use Jetson to encode it? Have you looked at Analog Video USB solutions? There is a LinuxTV project which supports many different USB video capture devices: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki...
With kernel and driver requirements listed @ http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki...
Please note none of these are validated on Jetson Tk1.

All my earlier replies on these questions/comments were made from the blog portal and were thus lost. So if you seeing late replies you know why:-) I am now using disqus for the replies.

Thank you. That helped.

Hello, I followed the above instructions and everything worked very good. Thank you for your great tutorial. I have one problem though. I am using Nsight in order to debug and profile my code and when I time the output lets say that I get x seconds. If I take the exact same code and compile it on the board, I am getting y seconds, with y secs being smaller than x. So the algorithms run faster if I compile them on the board and without using cross-compilation. Does anybody have any idea for that?
Thank you.

The generated GPU(SASS) code will be the same whether cross compiled or natively compiled. Please check the GPU code generation options (I mentioned above in the blog) is the same in both the cross compile scenario and the native compile case, they both need to be SM32 for code and SM30 for PTX. Also check if you are using any debug options -G, make sure any such flags are same across both the compile paths.

Can I upgrade graphics driver in Jetson TK1 platform?

- I am having NVIDIA Jetson TK1 kit and I am having Linux ubuntu inside. Now I need to try latest ES3.1 extension like tesselation shader or draw indirect but I am getting linker error as those functions are not available in the library.

- I am assuming NVIDIA is working on new ES3.1 extension with google. So, I believe there must be new version of drivers for that toolkit.

Thanks.

No you should never update just the driver on JetsonTK1 since the driver is part of the L4T OS image. ES3.1 is supported in the upcoming Rel21 to be announced soon.

"sudo apt-get update" has problem something like this. Is there any suggestions for this?

Err http://archive.ubuntu.com precise-security/universe armhf Packages
404 Not Found [IP: 2001:67c:1360:8c01::19 80]

Graham, this is a known issue after adding "foreign-architecture
armhf" to multiarch file and we're working to fix it.

However, this shouldn't have any effect on your system (it's a harmless error). Are you seeing other problems?

So far it is good! Thank you Mark!!!

Ok, Thanks Satish.

Hi,

The .deb file for the cross compilers installs the 6.5 version of CUDA's cross compilers. On the otherhand, Jetson TK1 is at CUDA 6.0. This causes a version mismatch between the gdb server on TK1 and the gdb client on the host. Is there a way to resolve this? I am running ubuntu 12.04.

Archith