Using nvstreammux-new from Python

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 6.1.1

I have recently updated our application docker to use the newest 6.1.1 container from NGC. I have read about the new streammuxer:

https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_plugin_gst-nvstreammux2.html

But how do I use this element?

streammux = Gst.ElementFactory.make(“nvstreammux”, “Stream-muxer”)

gives us the old version of the streammuxer. I have tried to search for its name with gst-inspect but all I find is the old version?

I use the 6.1.1-devel tagged container and I build the bindings from source during the docker build. All works fine except for this. What am I missing here?

please find “export USE_NEW_NVSTREAMMUX=yes” in this link: Gst-nvstreammux New — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation, this step will enable new nvstreammux.

Thank you. I feel a little stupid because I had studied the documentation over and over. Apparently I glossed over the “NOTE” box where it says how to use the element many times.

Thank you for pointing it out. ;)

Glad to know you fixed it, thanks for the update! If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.