vkSetDebugUtilsObjectNameEXT() crashes in nvoglv64.dll for VkIntance and VkPhysicalDevice

I’m trying to give names to VkPhysicalDevices and VkInstance for debugging purposes, but I’m encountering a crash while doing so. My situation is similar to that discussed in the topic vkSetDebugUtilsObjectNameEXT() causes a crash when attempting to set a name for VkPhysicalDevice. I’ve followed the instructions detailed there and in this GitHub issue but I still can’t get it to work.
I’m using vkGetInstanceProcAddr() to fetch the vkSetDebugUtilsObjectNameEXT() function.

The crash occurs two calls deep into the validation layers and about(can vary) three calls deep into nvoglv64.dll into a function pointer which sometimes displays: 0x0000000000000000(), 0x00000000FFFFFFFF(), and depending on the setup(if I set the physical device’s name first or the instance’s) it can display other addresses.

My OS is Win10 build 18363.1016, NVIDIA Vulkan Driver version 451.98, LUNARG SDK version 1.2.148.1, GPU GTX970 and Vulkan Info.exe reports instance version 1.2.148