Where is the Device Tree in Xavier NX

Sorry that sdkmanager supports platforms more than just jetson.

For example, when sdkmanager is for DRIVE OS, it can support with 20.04. However, for jetson, only 18.04 is supported.

So should I just install Ubuntu 18.04 on my host PC?

Thanks,
Abhigyan

Yes, please install. Also, it cannot be a VM.

Can you please explain a little why it cannot be a VM?

Flashing device requires frequent access to the usb device (your jeston). And VM does not support it well.

We have seen lots of users have flash problem with VM. Some users have their trick to make it work, but officially we don’t support it.

Thank You.

So irrespective of whether I choose to flash just the Device Tree or I choose to flash the entire Kernel, in either case I have to use the SDK. Am I right?

SDKM is just a GUI tool which packages our BSP driver tool. The flash work is done by the BSP driver tool.

After you tried sdkm, BSP flash tool (flash.sh) will be installed on your host.

This “BSP driver tool” is not tested over ubuntu 20.04 yet. That is the main reason. SDKM itself has no problem running on 20.04 as you already tried.

Hi, I have installed the SDKM and also the BSP. I have a flash.sh in nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.6_Linux_JETSON_XAVIER_NX_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/flash.sh.

So, to flash the Device Tree should I just give the command sudo ./flash.sh -k kernel-dtb jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1 as mentioned here?

Please change “jetson-xavier” to match nx.

This string is just one of those *.conf files under your Linux_for_Tegra folder. One of them is for the nx board.

There are a number of .conf files related to the nx. How do I find out which one I need?

jetson-xavier-as-xavier-nx.conf
jetson-xavier.conf
jetson-xavier-nx-devkit.conf
jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc.conf
jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-qspi.conf
jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-tx2-nx.conf

If your nx module does not have sdcard slot, use jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc.

If it has, use jetson-xavier-nx-devkit.

Here it says:

For example on the Jetson Xavier AGX, the kernel DTB can be flashed with the following command (having the newly modified DTB in the default path in L4T, as described previously).

$ sudo ./flash.sh -k kernel-dtb jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

Here I am not able to figure out what the default path in L4T is and from where exactly do I run the command to flash the DT. Please help.

Thanks,
Abhigyan

Default path to put new dtb is Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb.

The flash command is similar to what you just posted. But with different board name.

1 Like

The path to run flash.sh is the Linux_for_Tegra itself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.