"X Error of failed request" with Unity app - Nvidia 510.60.02 and Ubuntu 20.04 (RDP)

Hi all,
I’m connecting to my university machine that we recently installed via RDP (via SSH: ssh -L 3389:127.0.0.1:3389 -C -N -l davide SERVER_IP). Once the ssh is established, I’m using remmina to login into the remote machine; I put my credentials into gmd and then I have a sudoer account available.
The machine has two NVIDIA RTX 3090 and we want to use them to train our ML model for an autonomous drone challenge.
I installed the latest NVIDIA drivers via .run file and blacklisted nouveau drivers.

The challenge script uses ROS and it launches a GUI to initialize the commands and a Unity standalone simulator (Flightmare); however Unity crashes if I try to run it using NVIDIA offload such as:

__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD_PROVIDER=NVIDIA-G0 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia roslaunch envsim visionenv_sim.launch render:=True

Flightmare log with X error:

process[master]: started with pid [10008]
ROS_MASTER_URI=http://localhost:11311

setting /run_id to ff203d02-ba8e-11ec-9b7a-47e000c76acd
process[rosout-1]: started with pid [10049]
started core service [/rosout]
process[kingfisher/dodgeros_pilot-2]: started with pid [10056]
process[kingfisher/viz_face-3]: started with pid [10057]
process[dodgeros_gui-4]: started with pid [10058]
process[flight_render-5]: started with pid [10059]
X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  150 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  0
  Current serial number in output stream:  94
[flight_render-5] process has died [pid 10059, exit code 1, cmd /home/davide/icra22_competition_ws/src/agile_flight/flightmare/flightrender/RPG_Flightmare.x86_64 __name:=flight_render __log:=/home/davide/.ros/log/ff203d02-ba8e-11ec-9b7a-47e000c76acd/flight_render-5.log].
log file: /home/davide/.ros/log/ff203d02-ba8e-11ec-9b7a-47e000c76acd/flight_render-5*.log

Running roslaunch without NVIDIA prefix works (with Unity rendering), but I don’t see any new process in nvidia-smi.

Plus, nvidia-settings only shows two GPU thermal settings along with ‘Graphic card Information’. Is it ok? Shouldn’t it show more settings entries?

Thank you for the support!

nvidia-bug-report.log (1.2 MB)

You’re most likely only connecting to a virtual Xserver running in software. To make use of the nvidia gpu, please install and use VirtualGL.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.