X output only on external Monitor possible - Internal Monitor not recognized (Arch Linux)

Hi there,

I just got me a new Laptop, with a GFX1060 Laptop Edition (6GB) in (https://www.mysn.de/schenker-high-performance-notebooks/schenker-h507). I went ahead and installed Arch, since I need the newer Kernels to do power management correctly with the Skylake architecture.

It is a freshly installed system. I just did the basic setup and headed to the Bumblebee Setup (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bumblebee). Additionally I installed xorg-xinit to get X running.

I figured out, that I could startx, but only as root. So I installed gdm, activated the service and installed some window managers (i3 (preferred), cinnamon and gnome).

The output works fine on my external monitor, but my internal monitor still shows the boot sequence. When I switch tty it is on my internal monitor (http://imgur.com/bTwHI5W for reference).

lspci | grep VGA:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530 (rev 06)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106M [GeForce GTX 1060] (rev a1)

nvidia-xconfig --query-gpu-info without external monitor:

GPU #0:
  Name      : GeForce GTX 1060
  UUID      : GPU-262a6a83-51e8-e4a3-ad46-14dbea0f73ad
  PCI BusID : PCI:1:0:0

  Number of Display Devices: 0

nvidia-xconfig --query-gpu-info with external monitor:

Number of GPUs: 1

GPU #0:
  Name      : GeForce GTX 1060
  UUID      : GPU-262a6a83-51e8-e4a3-ad46-14dbea0f73ad
  PCI BusID : PCI:1:0:0

  Number of Display Devices: 1

  Display Device 0 (TV-0):
      EDID Name             : Samsung SyncMaster
      Minimum HorizSync     : 26.000 kHz
      Maximum HorizSync     : 68.000 kHz
      Minimum VertRefresh   : 23 Hz
      Maximum VertRefresh   : 75 Hz
      Maximum PixelClock    : 150.000 MHz
      Maximum Width         : 1920 pixels
      Maximum Height        : 1080 pixels
      Preferred Width       : 1680 pixels
      Preferred Height      : 1050 pixels
      Preferred VertRefresh : 60 Hz
      Physical Width        : 160 mm
      Physical Height       : 90 mm

nvidia-smi

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 375.20                 Driver Version: 375.20                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 1060    On   | 0000:01:00.0      On |                  N/A |
| N/A   39C    P8     6W /  N/A |     69MiB /  6104MiB |      0%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
                                                                               
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |
|  GPU       PID  Type  Process name                               Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|    0       442    G   /usr/lib/xorg-server/Xorg                        0MiB |
|    0       614    G   /usr/lib/xorg-server/Xorg                       67MiB |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

cat /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/20-nvidia.sh

#!/bin/bash

xrandr --setprovideroutputsource modesetting NVIDIA-0
xrandr --auto
setxkbmap de

My dmesg: https://paste.kde.org/pobzlnlyc

PS: It is no Hardware-Issue, since I have an external drive with Windows 10, where the displaying works fine.

PPS: I have no additional xorg-config files, only what came with the installation of nvidia and bumblebee.

PPPS: I have Nvidia driver persistance activated

PPPPS: Also some fonts in some programms seem to be f’ed up: http://imgur.com/a/IzGQW
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (107 KB)

I had to flick a switch in the Bios to get it working: https://imgur.com/QgnsnAB

It was the “MSHybrid to Discrete”-Switch and needed to be switched to “Discrete”.