The X server crashes / deadlocks randomly, for example:
- When the PC is activated again while being idle for some time (no hibernate/sleep mode)
- When browsing the internet, using simple applications.
- When playing 3D accelerated games using wine.
I’m currently running Archlinux x64, kernel 3.6.10 with the latest Nvidia beta drivers 313.09 from the Arch User Repository.
My hardware: Intel 3770k, 16G mem, Asus Nvidia GTX680, Asus Sabertooth Z77 BIOS 1708.
What i’ve tried already
Of course I searched online to find a fix or workaround, but sadly they didn’t fix the issue:
- Booted with iommu=pt or intel_iommu=igfx_off kernel options.
- Forcefully blacklisted the nouveau module and added gfxpayload=vga=0 to the kernel options.
- Downgraded to several older versions of the driver.
- Updated the BIOS of the motherboard.
- Added Option "UseEvents" "False" to Xorg config.
- Added Option "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x2222; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x1" to Xorg config.
I really can’t think of any steps to reproduce the issue due to the random behavior. I’m very happy to do anything to help identify the cause. Please let me know.
I couldn’t find a file attachment feature so I put the files on dropbox:
Bug report when just browsing, not doing anything special:
Xorg log when activating the PC from idle: