Xavier Development Board Power Cut

Hello,

We are using the Jetson Xavier development board for our deep learning model. When we use the power supply coming with the sensor we can put the module on MAXN mode and run our algorithm that uses all GPU resources in the system.
We have a problem when we use a cable between the power supply and the board. The board cuts the power in MAXN mode as soon as we run our code. If we change the mode to Mode #5 it’s working though.

We are using a 14 gauge wire that should be able to provide more than 20A power and the connectors for more than 10A current.

It seems that other people had the same problem but didn’t find a solution for that.
It seems that the Xavier power regulator doesn’t like the rush current cause by running the code when there is a wire between power supply and board that potentially causes a delay to get that rush current delivered to the board by the adapter.

I tried both the original power supply and another one that can feed up to 10A current (120 W). I don’t know if adding a big capacitor close to the board will help? If so, is there any suggestion on the size and other elements?

Can anyone help with that?

Hi, as you can see in module datasheet: IDDmax is “Software limited. 5.4A is for VIN(20V) on SYS_VIN_HV. 6.0A is for VIN (5V) on SYS_VIN_MV. Actual IDDMAX is dependent VIN Imax (SYS_VIN_MV) 6.0 A on VIN (VINMIN)”

Please test and record the voltage/current value when power down happened.
Better to use a oscilloscope to capture the voltage value and the possible drop during power on.

Could you please help me to see how I can log it?
Thanks

Better to use a oscilloscope to capture the voltage value and the possible drop during power on.