Ximagesrc high fps and high quality

I’m using ximagesrc for screen recording. I need it to record at 60fps and at a 1920x1080 resolution:
gst-launch-1.0 -v ximagesrc use-damage=0 do-timestamp=1 ! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),format=I420,framerate=60/1,pixel-aspect-ratio=1/1' ! omxh264enc ! 'video/x-h264,stream-format=byte-stream' ! filesink location="test.h264" -e

The recording quality is very bad using this pipeline however when I turn down the FPS it is better. How do I achieve both high quality and fast FPS screen recording. Is there a sample pipeline anyone can recommend? My only requirements are the 60 FPS, 1080p resolution, and h264 encoded. It doesn’t need to do it in real time because it’s being saved to a file, so maybe if buffers are implemented the quality will improve?

Hi,
Since omx plugins are deprecated, please use v4l2 plugins such as nvv4l2h264enc. For 1080p60 we would suggest set bitrate to 14Mbps - 16Mbps. And run in CBR mode and set virtual buffer size. Please take a look at
Random blockiness in the picture RTSP server-client -Jetson TX2 - #5 by DaneLLL

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.