02-stereo_disparity on pva doesn't run with new jetpack 4.3

Hi,

We have compiles the sample 02-stereo_disparity.
We see that cpu and cuda creates disparity but PVA returns error.
please see below.
Can anyone please advise?

Thanks,
Gabi

foresight@shmulikh-nvidia-int:/opt/nvidia/vpi/vpi-0.1/samples/02-stereo_disparity/build$ sudo make -j
Scanning dependencies of target vpi_sample_02_stereo_disparity
[ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/vpi_sample_02_stereo_disparity.dir/main.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX executable vpi_sample_02_stereo_disparity
[100%] Built target vpi_sample_02_stereo_disparity
foresight@shmulikh-nvidia-int:/opt/nvidia/vpi/vpi-0.1/samples/02-stereo_disparity/build$ cd …
foresight@shmulikh-nvidia-int:/opt/nvidia/vpi/vpi-0.1/samples/02-stereo_disparity$
foresight@shmulikh-nvidia-int:/opt/nvidia/vpi/vpi-0.1/samples/02-stereo_disparity$ sudo ./build/vpi_sample_02_stereo_disparity pva /home/foresight/imagesForIvgen/VIS/GrayLeft_13.png /home/foresight/imagesForIvgen/VIS/GrayRight_13.png
NVMEDIA_ARRAY: 53, Version 2.1
NVMEDIA_VPI : 156, Version 2.3
[ERROR] 2019-12-22 13:21:54 VPI_ERROR_INTERNAL: Error submitting StereoDisparityEstimator/PVA
VPI_ERROR_INTERNAL

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
We are checking this issue right now and will get back to you asap.

Hi,

We checked the sample 02-stereo_disparity and it can run correctly with our official images.
Could you also give it a try?

sudo ./build/vpi_sample_02_stereo_disparity pva /opt/nvidia/vpi/vpi-0.1/samples/assets/chair_stereo_left.png /opt/nvidia/vpi/vpi-0.1/samples/assets/chair_stereo_right.png

It the error only occurs on your testing images, could you share the image pair with us?

Thanks.

Hi,

I verified with your input images and it worked, your input images are color images in size of 480x270,
my input images are gray in size of 640x3360.
Is there any restriction on color or size?

Thanks,
Gabi

Hi,

This is a open source sample.

vpi_sample_02_stereo_disparity read the input image with OpenCV and convert it into CV_16UC1.

cv::Mat cvImageLeft = cv::imread(strLeftFileName, cv::IMREAD_GRAYSCALE);
cvImageLeft.convertTo(cvImageLeft, CV_16UC1);

You can check if your image can be passed with these two function.
If not, you can apply the corresponding change for your use case directly.

Thanks.

I used cv::resize to change my input images size, the only size that works with pva is 480x270 as your example images.
Please fix it.

Thanks,
Gabi

The input and output size for disparity estimation on the PVA must be 480x270 as stated in the docs https://docs.nvidia.com/vpi/algo_stereo_disparity.html, there’s no support for other resolutions.

Will it be possible in next Jetpack release to use custom sizes?

Hi,

I have passed your requirement to our internal team.

Thanks.

Hi, both

May I know the exact size you prefer to use?
We are discussing the possibility to support more resolution in disparity estimation with our core team.

Thanks.