3 of 5 installed GPUs detected, but all 5 referenced in bug-report

Hello all,

I am having an issue with my newly revised ETH mining rig. I have installed 5 GPUs onto the Asus z10pa-d8 mobo via a series of x8 to x16 PCIe adapters and risers. However, only 3 of the cards are referenced in dmesg/lspci as well as nvidia-smi. I have tested all GPUs and risers, and have confirmed that the newly purchased adapters work correctly. It is always the same PCIe ports that don’t seem to work, no matter the configuration. I saw reference to the other GPUs in the bug report, but deciphering this file is above my capabilities. Is this a defective MB, or something that can be fixed?

Here is my first bug report log:
nvidia-bug-report.log (1.9 MB)

and here is another one after making some kernel modifications to clean up dmesg output as well as after enabling above 4G decoding in BIOS:
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (714.8 KB)

Since they don’t show up in lspci, either the slots are defunct or the power cords are not attached.

I see, that is what I was afraid of. Power cords are definitely attached. Guess I misunderstood the bug report in thinking all 5 were referenced there. Looks like my best bet is to eat the loss and purchase another motherboard.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.