DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

I am setting up the Linux Host pc and AGX Orin for first time. i am unable to flash on target hardware. I am not sure if connection between host pc and orin is wrong or i am missing some setting on SDK manager.

red marked cables connected to host linux pc.

getting error shown in above image while flashing and orin is power on during flashing.

Please suggest, how i can resolve this issue or let me know if you require more information from my end.

Thanks in advance.

@deepak.dubey
Have you followed the messages to find /dev/ttyACM1 on your host?
Please provide all logs under ~/.nvsdkm directory on your host system for our analysis.

Also, please see if the workaround for the known issue mentioned in DRIVE OS 6.0.5 Linux Release Notes helps.

1 Like

I checked, Host pc dont have any file named ttyACM* under dev folder.

See the attached log file.
SDKM_logs_DRIVE_OS_6.0.5_SDK_Linux_for_DRIVE_AGX_Orin_DevKits_2022-12-12_20-30-55.zip (157.7 KB)

I am using USB cables which came with hardware, but still i will order some from amazon.

is physical connection between orin and host pc, right?

Dear @deepak.dubey,
Could you share output of lsusb before and after connecting host and target via USB cable? You are expected to see Nvidia devices in lsusb and also /dev/ttyACM*files on host after connecting host and target. Have you followed the DRIVE AGX Orin Quick start guide ?

Output lsusb before and after connecting host with target.

/dev/ttyACM* files are available after connecting host.

yes, i have created the user, password and accepted all the required agreements.

i can see AGX orin on display screen.
current error:

Looks like a different issue now. Please share the current logs under ~/.nvsdkm for your investigation. Thanks.

see the attached log.

SDKM_logs_DRIVE_OS_6.0.5_SDK_Linux_for_DRIVE_AGX_Orin_DevKits_2022-12-14_08-58-25.zip (129.7 KB)

Dear @deepak.dubey,
Please use text messages instead of images to be able to searchable by others in community.

It seems now you are able to see /dev/ttyACM* files on host. What changes you have made in connection compared to earlier?
Also I see, /dev/ttyACM0 window opened in shared pictures. Was it kept open when flashing board? If so, you need to close all serial connection to target when flashing.
I see below message in logs

08:59:19.496 - info: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS: Executing bind cmd make/bind_partitions -b p3710-10-s05 linux
08:59:19.696 - info: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS: Binding of partitions failed ! Check log for more details.
08:59:19.699 - info: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS: Failed to bind partitions!
08:59:19.699 - info: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS: driveinstaller cannot continue! Check the log file for details: /home/cm/.nvsdkm/driveinstaller.log
08:59:19.715 - info: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS: [ Component Install Finished with Error ]
08:59:19.715 - info: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS: [host] [ 4.41 MB released. Disk Avail: 123.27 GB ]
08:59:19.715 - info: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS: [ NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP Install took 23s ]
08:59:19.717 - info: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS: 
08:59:19.717 - error: command error code: 11
08:59:19.717 - info: Event: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS - error code is: 1011
08:59:19.717 - error: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS: command terminated with error
08:59:19.717 - info: Event: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS - error is: command terminated with error
08:59:19.720 - info: Event: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS - install ended - failure
08:59:19.721 - error: Session first failure occurred while Installing. Root cause component: NV_DRIVE_FLASH_DRIVE_COMP@DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS. Root cause error code: (1011: Failed to execute commands with GenericInstaller)

Could you share the /home/cm/.nvsdkm/driveinstaller.log as well.

corrected my mistake: I was looking for ttyACM* without connecting both the USB cable between host and target hardware.

i did close putty sesion before clicking to flash on targert hardware.

see the attached log.

driveinstaller.log (66.8 KB)

Dear @deepak.dubey,
Does the host machine has previous DRIVE OS releases?
Please check the below

• Run sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyACM1 to connect to aurix console and run tegrarrecovery x1 on and tegrareset x1 on aurix console .
  • cd /path/to/drive-foundation on host ( Go to DRIVE OS 6.0.5’s drive-foundation path on host. It should be under ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/)
  • run make/bind_partitions -b p3710-10-s05 linux at /path/to/drive-foundation

If the above works, run tegrarrecovery x1 off and tegrareset x1 on aurix console . Please share the console logs of all commands

The below messages are seen in your logs.
It may be something to do with the python environment.
Please try if using another host system helps on this.

[2022-12-14 08:59:19,696 root DEBUG utilities.py 294 4102] /usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory

is python need to installed on Host machin or reinstalling host maching may do the job? i dont have another linux host pc.

No, this host pc just installed and never used older DRICE OSversion.
i am using putty, could you suggest cmds which works on putty.

Please see if Install the SDK Manager Package helps.

As you suggested, this cmd worked but still Flashing failed around 25%.

sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python3 1

Please see the new log.

SDKM_logs_DRIVE_OS_6.0.5_SDK_Linux_for_DRIVE_AGX_Orin_DevKits_2022-12-14_20-21-30.zip (2.6 MB)
driveinstaller.log.7 (1.9 MB)

Your logs look like the USB 3.0 SS issue. Please follow the note and try with USB 2.0 port (better 2.0 cable). Thanks.

If you still have the issue, please provide the host dmesg log and the target flashing kernel log with the below description:

For the host dmesg log, on the x86 host where you are running SDKM, open a terminal window and enter the command “dmesg -T”

For the target flashing kernel logs, in another terminal window on the host you need to open a minicom connection to the Tegra (“sudo minicom -w -D /dev/ttyACM0”), redo the flashing, and copy paste the output to a file.

1 Like

manage to flash target hardware after changing USB Type C cable. Not sure why USB Type C cable didnt work which came with hardware.

Thanks for great support.

1 Like

Dear @deepak.dubey,
Glag to hear the issue is resolved after changing cable. Thanks for update.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.