androidsdk build-tools folder incorrectly named when installed by chooser

I notice that when I install the Android Build Tools using Chooser.exe (NVIDIA CodeWorks for Android 1R7 Components Manager) it installs version 26.0.1 to a folder called “C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\android-8.0.0”. Normally this folder is named the same as the version “26.0.1” and the way this folder is named causes the GradleBuild task to fail. Renaming the folder to 26.0.1 fixes the issue.

One other side note, Chooser.exe still only installs gradle 2.9 for 1R7, but I get failures saying that the minimum supported gradle is 3.3 and the release notes list the gradle version as 4.1. Any reason this wasn’t updated? I have to workaround this by downloading the correct gradle version myself from the gradle website.

This is the error message:
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: The “GradleBuild” task failed unexpectedly.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable1 source) 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Nvidia.PentaK.Build.Tasks.Android.GradleBuild.GetLatestBuildToolsVersion() 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Nvidia.PentaK.Build.Tasks.Android.GradleBuild.WriteBuildFile(AndroidManifest manifest) 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Nvidia.PentaK.Build.Tasks.Android.AndroidBuildBase1.ExecuteTool(String pathToTool, String responseFileCommands, String commandLineCommands)
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Nvidia.PentaK.Build.MSBuildInterop.TrackedToolTask.Nvidia.PentaK.Build.MSBuildInterop.ITrackedToolTask.ExecuteTool(String pathToTool, String responseFileCommands, String commandLineCommands)
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Nvidia.PentaK.Build.MSBuildInterop.Impl.TrackedToolTaskWrapper1.ExecuteTool(String pathToTool, String responseFileCommands, String commandLineCommands) 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute() 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.TrackedVCToolTask.Execute() 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Nvidia.PentaK.Build.MSBuildInterop.ToolTaskBase2.Execute()
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Tegra-Android\Nvidia.AndroidBuild.targets(326,5): error MSB4018: at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext()

Hi jfox and thank you for the report. We’re looking into it.
Note that Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Edition 3.5 is designed to integrate with Gradle >= 4.1

I’ve got the same issue with gradle, and that wasn’t a helpful reply for a mod to give.

Mod, pay attention to the following:
The release notes state that codeworks 1R7 uses Gradle 4.1.
Chooser.exe (NVIDIA CodeWorks for Android 1R7 Components Manager) only allows the installation of Gradle 2.9.

So why does your installer not install a compatible version? or at the very least the version the release notes says it does?